Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Lightest yonex racquet around?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by paroxysmal, Jul 28, 2011.

1. carvalhosa

carvalhosa Regular Member

service industry
    i will go for NS9900
    Light n well balance

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i wish to buy a racket with 78g in weight with +/- 2g. Medium stiffness. Any recommendation?

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Look at Carlton Powerflo Superlight 800R

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    thanks. let's see if i can find it in Hong Kong.

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    One important point - Dont judge the racquet on first day. Light racquets takes a week or two to getting used to. When I started using Karakal Mtec70, I started getting shoulder pain. I stayed with it and I kick some good local asses with it now. Impressed by it, I have just acquired Karakal BN60, which is supposed to be the lightest. First day I was struggling to toss the shuttle beyond midcourt! But slowly I am getting used to it too.

Advantage of using light racquets - I still have Armortec 900P, Li Ning N90, NS9900, Arcsaber Z Slash, MP800. I was a big fan of above racquets. But I used to get tired very soon, especially towards the end of a tough game. Head heavy racquets create immense stress on your body, especially you limbs. Switching over to light racquet suddenly made the pain, stress and tiredness go away. While I used to last 5-6 games at a stretch with earlier racquets, I last almost double with light racquet. And the court coverage has increased too. Now my current aim is to getting used to BN60. Even if I dont, I am quite happy with Mtec70.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
  8. yitao

yitao Regular Member

There will be a new racket Arc-FB coming out. 6U weight only 73g.

9. zen_smash

zen_smash Regular Member

What about Nanoray 800, i find its very light, lighted then my previous racket ns8000 but alas i broke my nr800 last night when trying to take a smash and clashed with someone elses racket... i dont know if my nr800 was a fake one or not now... nonetheless are lighter rackets more prone to breakage?

my vtzf takes a beating and keeps ticking ... but I usually switch to nr800 later in the night after 1-2 hours of playing as my hands get too tired to weild the vtzf effectively ( clears make it half court)

10. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I've the BN60 too. It's one kick-ass racket... Court coverage goes up, defense is over the roof, and it's got decent power for something so light..

11. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    I support the BN60 as well. I weigh 120 lbs (anorexic I know..) but my swing speed is ridiculously fast with the BN60. I smash/ or jump smash way harder with the BN60. I have M-Tec 70 and NS9900 before I bought the BN60. My NS9900 was strung at 24lbs, M-Tec 70 at 28lbs, and BN60 at 27 lbs. I used Bg 80 power strings except the BN60 which I use Bg 65 instead (supposedly Bg80 power is way better for smashes than 65, ironic). I am a B level player in california, and I honestly believe a good player can play with any racket. I can play with any racket with technicality and hard smashes. But due to my skinny weight I perform really well with the BN60. But thats just my opinion.

TL DR: I think people do their best with rackets that accommodates their swing speed and body weight (hence why people get tired from heavier racket)

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I used to play with a Black Knight Photon SL (Super Light). The racquet weighs 75g, has what BK calls a "Power Channel" i.e. the inner frame is heavily grooved and is officially rated for up to 24 lbs tension, but I know guys who used to string at 28...

I used to string it with BG80 prestretched 10% at 22/24. It still packed a powerful punch! Very responsive and accurate, and with a fairly stiff shaft. An excellent doubles racquet, and great for singles when you need something lighter than a sledgehammer.

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    B level in SoCal is A in NorCal!!! Good stuff!!!

14. zmwoody

zmwoody Regular Member

voltric 30 84g stung and overgrip FB 83g stung and overgrip

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is there a Yonex racket which is around 78g?

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I believe the ARC-FB is going to be available in 5U next month (or was it this month? not sure...) so it should be in the 76-78g range...

17. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    +1... I would buy a 5U FB if the store discount it enough.. 6U FB feels too light to generate power, unless you have a pro player's wrist lol.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Actually its just F which is 73g. What you are referring to is the grip size which they have available in G5 and G6.

G4 is also available too which I saw at a Yonex Authorized dealer in Canada on the weekend.