Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Somewhat footwork related, I am amazed by LD's ability to
    'fish' dive to reach for a shuttle cock and bounce right
    back up to resume playing. Many players do 'fish' dive, but
    the ability to bounce right back up requires strong legs and
    knees support. I doubt LCW will do that in his future matches
    sine his knee was injured...

2. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Let's try not let this get out of hand, a couple of posts now I've seen people saying "You're wrong", don't forget that this is a forum and different opinions should be considered and respected. If you disagree with someone simply make your point known rather than blatently say someone is wrong please.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    fair enough....

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    You are talking crazy now, first of all you are saying that LCW and Taufik is more talented . Then you are saying that Taufik is not motivated in playing, thats an outrageous statement. and how can you say that LCW have bad mental toughness when he is No 1 in the world (against LD he might but other than that he is as tough as anybody) !!!

But I would agree your last point about Lin Dan , I also wanted to add that LD is an extremely intelligent player on the court , has good reflexes, and smooth footwork !

5. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Hang on ! are you saying moving and being quicker on court is genetic and thats something innate , so it doesnt matter how hard other players try they just wont be quick on the court and therefore it is a disadvantage :mad: ! Also are you trying to say that if a player has the gene to be quick , they wouldnt need to have smooth footwork around court to win matches

However, I agree with your statement about footwork as being most important aspect in single matches , along with physical and mental fitness.

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I'll just highlight LCW and Taufik's better netplay from 2007 and before before LD caught up, and Taufik's monster backhand which LD doesn't have, and LCW's trickiness and deception. Taufik's motivation....I'll let his 2008 TC performance in Jakarta explain that... Anyways, LD back then only had smash smash smash....though he has developed into a much better player now (well obviously, he won OG, 3x WC, tons of SS tourneys..etc). I'll also highlight that LD is mostly a hard worker....apperanately it was mentioned during the 2006 WC that even on Sundays (holiday), he comes to training to practise footwork, and preparing for the 2008 OG he was training nonstop, 3 on 1 training, etc. Even XXF was worrying!

LCW's mental toughness...I'll just let his 2006, 2007, 2009 WC failures explain themselves....he was WR # 1 during 2006 and 2009 too. And the OG final...I admit that LD was inhuman and insane that time, but I also think that LCW gave up too soon.

Let me finally clarify that I like all 3 players...just that I you can't ignore their failures when trying to explain who is "ideally best"

#66 Athelete1234, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

footwork smoothness is a subjective quality.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

majyun the CJ fan think CJ is a harder worker than LD. LCW fans think LCW is the hardest working. I tell u this, there a 1000's waiting at LYB's front door hoping to join the china national team that are all hard workers. Hard working is just 1 neccessary attribute to have to be a pro. To be the top or the best, one need much more than just hard working. Actually, LD is slacking off since 08 OG and yet, he still can wax off lcw, psh, pg, sdk, etc

#68 cooler, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

so, if i start training more than LD by including christmas day, both new year day AND chinese new year day, and practice 4 on 1, could that assure me to beat LD one day?

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Not sure, but you might be able to for LCW if LYB is there to "break his legs"

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Totally agree. I wasn't very interested in LD's game until recently. He is certainly a very powerful player and could rely on rote power to win his games -- not so interesting to watch. I doubt its "lack of talent or intelligence" but rather "he can afford to". In a way, cooler is correct that nobody actually beats LD. You just stay in the rally long enough for LD to murder himself with his impatience.

He has evolved into a player with very very vast expanse. He is a lot more patient. OG2008 was a showcase of what this very very fast and powerful player is capable of. He showed complete dominance and dictated the game right from the start. AE2009 shows a new dimension. He won most of the long rallies that LCW tried to pull.

He doesn't just resume playing. He comes back in time to attack. That's scary fast.

Really, what can he do? LD was in a much faster car than LCW and had more fuel. LCW was already playing his fastest game but LD was just so much faster. To top it off, LCW's block defenses mostly got netkill'ed by LD (who just landed from a baseline smash).

12. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

If LD could not do it, who the hell on the earth can do it???

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

do what? nobody is perfect in this world though:)

14. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    well , that depends who you training 4 on 1 with :D. and if you willing to train without taking a tea-break !

But back to the point about putting hard work into practice, I seen so many district players in china , all of those are very talented with no weaknesses in their game. It is just a matter of determination and pure persistant they lack that separate them from an opportunity to have a chance within the national team. Any player within the team that doesnt put 100% in , then they will be out of the door quicker than they can say 'dil'.

15. badadum

badadum Regular Member

LOL, regardless of training, the day a 50 yr old office worker can beat LD is........errrr.....lemme get back on that :p

All these argument about hardworking is silly. Talent can only carry you so far. Even the most talented player in the world will still need to put the necessary amount of time and commitment in order to transfer all those talent to tangible result.

You can make the argument that all of the top ranked players = hard working players.

#75 badadum, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  16. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

For a player like LD, either talent or hardworking by itself is enough, it must be a combination of both.

17. diana_19

diana_19 Regular Member

College
    lin dan has won 3 time for world championship, i think he'll be the legend in badminton men single

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

to beat a man phyiscally is much easier than to devoid a man's hope.....

19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

congrats Lin Dan won his first ever French Open title, XXF is waiting for his present from France. Haha...

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    yup Lin D wins it quite easily ...:)