Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

lining n70-II vs yonex arcsaber z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by plus-minus, Mar 20, 2013.

1. plus-minus

plus-minus Regular Member

Student
    Hello guys,
    Can you compare the two rackets for me pls ? I am owning a N-70II and play with it since half a year. It has good power on clear and smash but sometimes i feel like it is too head heavy. Like once i played with the n90I of a friend and i think i was much more at ease with the weight of this one. But it is too stiff for me so i am actually looking for something with same stiffness as my n70II (as the z slash for instance :p) but less head heavy, same power. But i don't know much about the z-slash and i like everything about my n70-ii except that this is a little bit too head heavy.
    Thanks

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You can stay with Li-ning and try either the n36 or n55 or n80. They all are mid flex and have a balance point of about 295. The n70 have a bp of 300

3. plus-minus

Student
    Thanks for your answer.
    In fact i would like to switch to yonex because i think lining rackets annouced mid flex are just flex, and the n90II is really stiff lol
    That's why i called for the z-slash, which i think would be a great option though i don't know the bp of the racket (that's why im asking ^^) and because the z-slash announced stiff is according to reviews more lie mid flex because of the shaft

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The z slash must have a bp of 290-295. I have the Arc 8dx and its bp is around 290. The z slash is a bit more head heavy. You,can also consider arc 10 and 11, they all have similar bp.
    But around this bp you can also find a lot of Victor racquet. The MX-60, bravesword 12 and superwave 37 all have bp around 295 and a mid flex staff.

5. plus-minus

Student
    They don't sell any as10 in Paris :( and there are no one who sells victor here (in fact there's one but he is an a*s and what he sells is overpriced (like mx70 for 210€)
    I'll check in the store for the 8dx and the z slash ^^

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I see. I am surprised you can't find the arc 10. Even on websites?
    besides, the arc 8dx is stiff. If you are looking for something a little flex, the z slash would be more appropriate.

7. plus-minus

Student
    Well they stopped the production of arc 10 like a week ago so... I think there are websites that sell this one but it is their last ones and i'd prefer to have 2 arc 11 / z slash if i like them than 3 differents racket lol. Im gonna check the arc 11 and the z slash but some friends of mine told me that the z slash was a little bit uncomfortable so i'm about to buy an as11 i think, plus it's a new one so it really teases me hahaha

8. plus-minus

Student
    So i actually bought an arcsaber Z-Slash today.
    I was looking for a racket with more speed than my lining, i'll receive it wednesday !
    It will be strung with bg66 ultimax 11kg. But i'll be able to play with it just saturday :(
    Nevermind lol I'll get you a review of how i feel with this racket :)