Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Living in a another country.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by nala123, Jul 31, 2008.

1. nala123

nala123 Regular Member

Are there any players in badminton that play for one country (nationality) but live in another? As in country of residence and citizenship are different. I know there are players who end up switching nationality all together, but can't think of any who just live elsewhere. I wonder if maybe because it is more of a "team" sport that they are the same?

How would it work it work if they were different - would a player still have the same chance for competing? It seems that many games require applications sent in by the country of which the player is a citizen.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I'm sure there are..^^

...a few but i think those players only train/compete/coach in another country, and then would go back & play for their own country of citizenship when they're needed..:cool:
    (ex. Candra Wijaya (JPN-INA), Rachel Hindley (MAS-NZL), some European players, some INA players?? other players??)..

#2 ctjcad, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008