Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

London Counties

Discussion in 'UK' started by d-arke, Mar 20, 2006.

1. d-arke

d-arke Regular Member

You seriously don't want to know. It's way too bor
    Just a quick question that maybe someone could answer for me as I'm new to the London Badminton scene and fairly confused, well not confused, just a bit puzzled (okay okay, thats kind of the same) but why is it that you have something like 5 different county boards to run badminton in the greater london area.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have these 5 boards run their individual leagues/tournaments and then have a seperate greater london board say zone1 to zone 6 or something then have bordering clubs deciding on which leagues to enter.

I would have thought this would have made more sense! Or am I not looking in the right places.

2. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I agree. The league is based on counties and London seems to fall in a gap between counties. It's quite strange really.

Then again, think about cricket, there are a number of county teams but where does London fit in?

3. d-arke

d-arke Regular Member

You seriously don't want to know. It's way too bor
    well i can't comment on the cricket scene as i dont know anything about the sport, but i came across the london softball website which seems to have a good set up.

i can understand where the badminton association may be coming from regarding county players etc. but if you're lucky enough to reach that standard, whats wrong with a) having him/her represent the county in which their club is based, or b) the county in which he/she lives, or c) create a london county with set guidelines as to who qualifies.