Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Looking for a drop-in location in the GTA

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by wristworks, Sep 9, 2012.

1. wristworks

wristworks Regular Member

I've been in Alberta for the past few years, but I'm now in the GTA (Markham, specifically, but I can drive). I know there are lots of private clubs, but I don't know anyone to play with, and I'm under the impression that you normally play with people you know at private clubs. Is there a good drop-in or rec-club that plays once or twice a week?

I am fairly good. I'm not amazing, but I have been trained proper. I don't really know what scale to use to assess my own skills, but hopefully, that makes sense.

2. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

I think Agincourt Open has a court for drop in most nights, but I've never tried there as a drop in so I don't know of the skill level.

George Brown has a drop in, but it might be a bit far for you. Def good players there (afaik the varsity players play there as well)

Bethune has a club (Warden & Steeles area); but they've raised their prices, and according to a friend of mine who plays there the players aren't bad either.