Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Looking for a stiffer racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Duder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Duder

Duder New Member

I am a beginner/intermediate player ( been playing for a little under a year) and have been using a Armortech 600 since I started playing. I recently used my wife's arcsaber 11 and fell in love with the stiffness during my smashes. I am fairly new to the game and my strong point is my smash and I am extremely inconsistent on my net play. I usually end up bouncing the birdie to high and allowing a kill shot when I am on the net. The reason I am asking this is because I want to use a stiffer one but I am hesitant that it might make my net play worse. I am currently looking at the Victor MX 90 after reading the reviews on here and Coach Paul. If I posted this in the wrong tab my apologies. Thanks for your time.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Have u considered Victor Bravesword series? They r mostly even balanced n stiff, similar specs to ArcS-11 but with a faster swing.

For net play, aside frm racket specs, one should consider the type of string n the string tension. As a guide, thinner strings r bouncier than thicker ones. Also, higher string tension would give u more control for net play n placement shots but less power due to less repulsion. The opposite applies.