Looking for men's doubles racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Andiw92, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Andiw92

Andiw92 New Member

I am looking for new men's doubles racket I have been playing with voltric z force 2 last few years and found them good but a friend told me they are quiet slow on defending in doubles and since he said that I have noticed that they are quiet slow at moving does anybody have any suggestions ?

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Hard to suggest as need to know your playing style, are you an offensive player or a counter attacker? However I can recommend the Victor Bravesward 12 or Arcsaber 11 as both are even balance and great doubles rackets and they perform brilliantly in all areas. Best thing to do is try from your friends if they own one of the above and see what you think of them. Everyone is different so worth trying before you buy.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

3. Andiw92

Andiw92 New Member

Thanks for replying I'm a very attacking player I was thinking bravesword do you know are apacs any good?

4. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I've never been a fan of Apacs so TBH not tried their range much. The very few I have tried have been the Yonex clone rackets which I found to be very flexible and poor for my liking. Victor BS12 is my favourite racket at the moment as it is just sublime in every aspect of my game, it suits me very well.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

5. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

BS12 classic double racket for ever!

6. Zen Zi

Zen Zi Regular Member

JetSpeed S10
    JetSpeed S12
    BraveSword 12

7. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    Well, I suggest Bravesword 12 and Nanoray900, as I've been using them as go-to for doubles and they fit me very well.

8. skeksis

skeksis Regular Member

Bravesword 12
    Jetspeed 10
    Jetspeed 12
    Arcsaber 11
    Nanoray 900
    Duora 10
    & maybe Vt 70 e-tune 4U

Are all good and fast doubles rackets.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI CRR-L09 mit Tapatalk

9. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

If you want something that is faster and at the same time can provide power, then I think the Jetspeed 12 is what you are looking for.
    Stiff flex, aerodynamic frame, and slightly head heavy.

10. Rice

Rice New Member

I currently use the jetspeed 12, feels nice for doubles and single, relatively light racquet

11. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

I think ArcSaber 11 is the best choice so far.

12. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

Arcsaber 11 is also a good choice with it being stiff and slightly head heavy. It is used by many professional doubles players right now such as Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo, Carsten Mogensen, Lee Yong Dae, etc.. I feel the Jetspeed 12 is more head heavy compared to the Arc 11 though.

13. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Add Virtuoso Performance (AVP)(a BS12 clone with half the price and 90% similarity in feel) and Tantrum 200 II to the list if you would consider Apacs.

My take is you can have both AVP and T200 at the same price with any of the non- apacs listed above.

Moving from VTZF2 same like you, I found extra stiff and stiff racket suits me better in transition which would effectively reduce the choice of selection down to JS10, NR900 and T200II. Victor TK9k and TK9k9 can be a good choice if you like head heavy racket like VTFZ2. I changed my style of play from whack, whack, whack to pushing, driving and finish with killer smash after elbow injury last year. My go to racket now is JS10 mainly use in competitive play and rotating between T200II, JS12, AVP and TK9k in social play and training.

Enjoy your journey of racket search. it took me quite a while and a few holes in the pocket before I finally settled down with JS10.

#13 Carbonex_7, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017