Looking for players in buffalo, ny

Discussion in 'USA East' started by fkarim, Feb 12, 2007.

1. fkarim

fkarim New Member

Software Engineer
    I have recently moved to Buffalo, NY 14209 area. Please let me know if there are any opportunity for playing badminton in Buffalo area. My email address is karimfaisal@yahoo.com

- Faisal Karim

2. Andy Zhang

Andy Zhang New Member

Technologist
    Hi, I am from China. I will move to Buffalo to work for about 6 mths. I played badminton every week, there are lots of club here (Suzhou, East China). Does anyone can tell me where I can play badminton in Buffalo. My email address is azhang@rich.com

3. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 New Member

Hi

I am the one who like to play batminton
    I always play 2-3 times a week in thailand
    I hope to get a chance to play with anyone
    let me know
    thank you
    jim_thongchoom@hotmail.com

4. aiqing1

aiqing1 Regular Member

Massage Therapist
    any chance we can start a badminton club? I am replying to all the people from Buffalo.

5. aiqing1

aiqing1 Regular Member

Massage Therapist
    Any chance we can start a badminton club? I am replying to all the people who live in Buffalo.

6. aiqing1

aiqing1 Regular Member

Massage Therapist
    Any chance we can star a badminton club? I am replying to all the people who live in Buffalo.

7. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 New Member

good idea

go ahead
    I and one of my friend wanna join too....

8. aiqing1

aiqing1 Regular Member

Massage Therapist
    Play Badminton

sounds good to me! A few questions though:) What are good times for us to get together and play, and where? I have all day Sunday from 1 p.m. on. I was thinking we could check out the YWCA in Snyder and see if they have any open gym times there? I live close to there but any other suggestions would also be appreciated. Looking forward to playing! Thanks! Sara.

9. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 New Member

anytime you want. I will set the time the suitable for you
    but I suggest other place is UB?
    overthere we can play for free and also borrow any equipment
    for any sport that you need too.

in anyway
    any place in buffalo is fine.
    thank god for give me some one to play with me
    Amen

10. Jimmy1234

Jimmy1234 New Member

anywhere-anytime

:D:p up to you
    the other place that we can play is UB
    they can provide any equiment that we need too.

but I have some problem
    now I still did not found the place that sell shuttle cork
    and also racquet or any equiment that is important to play
    in buffalo area.

if we play in UB that is fine because we can borrow anything for free
    but for advance playing we really need high quality stuff.

thank god that sent someone who love batminton in buffallo to me :)

11. davina

davina New Member

Hi, I dunno what happened to this thread...but anyways, i want to start playing badminton again. Im relatively ok. Though i havent held a racket in 3 years. I just want to do something in buffalo aside from research!!!

12. aiqing1

aiqing1 Regular Member

Massage Therapist
    okay, lets get this started!

Hello all that have been replying to the lets play badminton in Buffalo. Sorry it has taken me so long!! Would the place at UB be open on Sundays?I'll need a little help I don't know where their gymnasium is. Do they have a gymnasium at the UB South Campus? If Sundays work for everyone lets get started! Can everyone meet this Sunday or is that too soon? Lets meet up first at the UB South Campus Starbucks at the tops University Plaza at 11 a.m to introduce ourselves to each other. I know this may not work for everyone but.. just trying to get this started.

13. Sid_Buffal0

Sid_Buffal0 New Member

Hello

I have been following this thread for some time now as I too am interested in playing badminton in Buffalo. Can someone please let me know if you guys were able to play badminton at the UB North Campus Gym on Sunday and at what time.

Please post a reply in this thread

14. BenStorm

BenStorm New Member

Just to let everyone know... there is a place to buy your gear here in Buffalo. It is called JB's tennis/raquet shop. It's on Main St. in Williamsville. I played on a team in school... but that was a long time ago and the program was canceled. I am EXTREMELY interested in playing again. We definatly need to get a club going here in Buffalo. It is long overdue. If you all are already meeting then shoot me an e-mail. ben_storm@hotmail.com

15. namss

namss New Member

Doctor
    Hi! I have recently moved to Buffalo and I am really interested in playing badminton.. even daily after 5 PM. If anyone's interested then lets get in touch! I can be reached at dazzlingnams@gmail.com

16. navinag

navinag New Member

Want to restart badminton this winter

Greetings Everybody !
    I intend to join badminton back after a gap of 2 years. If any of you are playing regularly and looking for more players, can you please email me with the details at navin018@gmail.com ?

Thanks
    Navin

17. CJ51974

CJ51974 New Member

Hey, I always put a court up in the backyard in may, and keep it going till fall. I am a competitive player, and always looking for more people to play. Its 4 months away, but email me if your interested

dmb91101@hotmail.com
    -Adam

[​IMG]

18. Bailey4475

Bailey4475 New Member

human services/entertainment
    backyard buffalo Badminton league needs more players!

Basically I have a group of guys that we play 1-3 times per week, generally tues or thur 6 pm or possible weekends. My grass court has spotlights even for night play. We like to play doubles and are in need of some new players!

Now our informal league is unique and called UBF... "Ultimate badminton federation" As we have some unique rules all agreed upon. As its a fun crew. We allow to hits per team to get it over the net, award bonus points if you tag your oppenent pretty hard with the shuttlecock etc. I always grill burgers and dogs, and people bring beverages etc. Were decent players but not professional or anything. With peoples work schudles and some players injured etc we are look for new players. Our Age ranges from 22-40. Again its a compettive but fun league etc.

If anyone is interested feel free to contact me via email and leave your #. Bailey4475@aol.com I can leave you my facebook page etc so you can see my court and some of the guys. Females welcome too! let me know. Also if there are indoor places where people are playing I would be intersted etc.
    We wear cleats in the backyard etc, use marker paint on the grass, even have a small portable scoreboared. Only thing I ask, is if you commit to a date to play that unless its a emergency, sickness or job related that you show up etc, as we all have made a commitment to be there, and need at least 4 players etc.

email me any questions and your # for more info. I may even purchase wind screens etc to assit us and was looking into a artifical surface for the yard someday!

Paul

19. Roxane

Roxane New Member

Looking for a badminton club in Buffalo, NY

Hi,

I am coming to Buffalo for a year ( from August 2010) and I am desperately looking for a badminton club or for people interested in playing. I am used to play in single and in double (mixed or women) in my country (Switzerland). I am certainly not the best female player ever, but I am really motivated to go on playing during this year of exchange.

Could anyone help me find a club there! It would be so lovely!
    Thanks

20. ComboOrgan

ComboOrgan New Member

Student
    I just left Buffalo, but here's the info on the badminton scene:

If you are associated with the University at Buffalo, there is a court on South Campus at Clarke Gym. It can get a little crowded, but people are generally friendly, and it's ok to just show up and play pickup games. Once the semester starts there is a badminton club that meets Friday nights on North Campus at Alumni Arena. Contact the department of recreation and intramurals for info.

Outside of the University, there is the Amherst Recreational Badminton Club, that meets a few times per week at Clearfield Community Center in Amherst (a suburb of Buffalo). They have a Facebook group that you can find if you search for the name of the club.

All Three are nice places to play. Enjoy you stay in Buffalo!