Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Looking to buy new Carlton racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by andyv, Mar 16, 2009.

1. andyv

andyv New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here. I have started playing some badminton again after what is quite a few years... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I fancy a new racket and wish to "decommission" my Carlton Aerogear 700FX since I consider it more of a collector's item.

It was the best racket I have ever played with and suited my style of play (that's relying on movement and technical ability rather than just smashing as hard as you can!). I don't want to play with it forever and I probably need to move on...

It was a very accurate racket and you could smash and almost place the shuttle at times. Lethal in the right hands!

From the research I have done online I am eyeing up two rackets: Carlton Fireblade S-Lite and Fireblade Tour. You notice I like Carlton rackets!

I am edging towards the S-Lite but I cannot remember what the specs were on the 700FX. I want something similar if possible. To me the head feels quite light, the shaft feels medium to stiff-ish and the balance feels medium.

Tour would likely be too stiff for my liking. Any thoughts? :)

Just one other thing - yes ideally I would test them out but I have no idea where to try them. No places I am aware of sell these rackets near me.

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

If you can Still find them in the UK, think about the Powerblade Superlite, From 2005-ish. Excellent rackets, and not too head heavy. Stiffish, and mid feel, just like you said.