Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Made in Canada

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by derrickn, Jan 8, 2010.

1. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

Hi everybody. My name is Derrick Ng and I am currently a badminton player from Canada trying to make it pro! As we all know, being from a Pan American country, it is very difficult to raise our bars to the standard of international play. Also with our geographical position it is expensive to travel to many different countries to compete so we can achieve a better world ranking, and our government doesn't seem to want to fund a sport that does not involve ice or snow.

So please, if you want, you can follow along my personal blog! It will contain mostly my training activities, my nutritional plan, random thoughts and even how my body is feeling with the amount and quality of training.

http://derricksbadmintonblog.blogspot.com

In the end, I hope to gain support and even maybe inspire. Thanks!

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome (back)..^^

..to BCDF, derrickn (Derrick)!:)..Yes, i/we know who you are! How and why? Because all of your (and the rest of your teammates') pics have been plastered all over the 2008 and 2009 U.S. Open sub-forums (see Tournaments section). Yes, we all know abt Michelle Li...:p
    We're so stoked you're finally back posting (after a 4 yr hiatus) in this small group of rowdy and eager baddy enthusiasts!! And yes, looking fw to seeing and meeting you and the rest of your Canadian cohorts in this yr's U.S. Open, again.
    IMO, it's so rad to have you guys loyally supporting the U.S. Open yr in and yr out!:cool:
    Hey, good to know you guys will finally be hosting a Canadian Open GP tourney, this yr as well.
    Anyway, pass the word around, don't abandon us again & enjoy surfing here!;):cool:

#2 ctjcad, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  3. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    Hi Derrick!
    Welcome to BCF!

I've seen a video of you playing (forgot which tourney) on badmintonfreak. Unfortunately you guys lost ):
    BUT i'm so happy to see that you guys fought hard against a top pair like the koreans, continue the good work and good luck! :D

4. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

Thank you and I will do my best to stay active with my online activities!

5. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

derrick, i believe in you!
    i saw you play against the korean pair of lee yong dae and jung jae sung
    you guys performed admirably although there is a definite difference in level...
    but i'm still rooting for you since we're both canadian
    keep on training, and keep up the hard work!!

6. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

Thanks b.leung!! It means a lot to me to get your support!

And here's the new address or link to my blog!

http://www.derrickng.ca