Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Mandarin's Summer Camp

Discussion in 'Mandarin Badminton' started by wun.sun, Apr 28, 2006.

1. wun.sun

wun.sun Regular Member

Next year is my last year in Junior, and I want to do better than I did this year, which isn't that hard. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys have ever attended the summer camps there, and I was wondering if you guys could recommend me which ones. I live in Ottawa however, so it has to be preferably in June.
    I was going to try to attend Lee’s HP camp, but I won’t be able to get in, as you have to be top 10 in junior rankings to attend. I played in Ontario B and got to semis in mixed, did badly in the other two events. I am a doubles player if that helps. Went on to the A’s and got smoked in every category. Ugh. First year playing provincials. Anyway, should I go into the advance camp, competitive camp, or the HP camp?

wun.sun

2. wun.sun

wun.sun Regular Member

Also, who goes to these camps? How competive are the camps?

whispers bump

3. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

making sure I get a 90% avg or else my parents wil
    The summer HP camp I went to last year was sponsered by OBA and the level was rather high. I think you had to be ranked near the top to get in as well. But I think Mandarin has other camps during the summer where the level is a bit lower, but the coaching is still very good.

4. wukenne

wukenne Regular Member

Well Gong Ruina, Cao Chen and Bao Chen Lai's coach is coming to Mandarin this summer. I think the men will be there for about a montha nd Gong Ruina will only be here for about 2 weeks if that helps.

5. B Kwok

B Kwok Regular Member

Student
    Hey Vincent how's it going =P

Well, have fun getting better. You can do it.

6. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    Is the Mandarin camp really expensive :confused: ? ... and does anyone know where you can find out more info about it (...like is the camp info listed on a website or something? )