Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Mental Strength - Help me out ! !

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by callihniel, Feb 23, 2012.

1. callihniel

callihniel New Member

I've search the forum before I post but I'm not sure that I'm using the right keyword or not. So I hope that this topic is new and it's my problem right now.

I can play pretty well in game w/o pressure, normal game, friendly game. But sometime our club have a competition and the pressure come to me in every match, when I miss like 2 shot in a row my pressure double up and make me freak out :crying:.

Another problem is when I play with the player that seems his skill is weaker than mine. I didn't play like serious in every shot and make me miss a lot, even lose in sometime :(

In the second situation my friend told me that, "It's a game just do it, kill the opponent" but my nature is too kind to everyone. I feel bad when I overkill those weaker player.

So. . . I have 2 situation can anyone suggest me how to build up the "Mental Strength" ?

PS. thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

something far too busy for my badminton needs
    Here is a list of the topics from the BC search function. There may be good advice for you here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6589508
    The one thing that is key to controlling your emotions is experience. Of course that takes time. But eventually you will find that you don't "freak out" -- you just say to yourself, 'I've been in this situation before, I know what to do'.
    Until you've gained that experience, there are lots of different ways people use to calm themselves: thinking positive thoughts, special breathing exercises, and so on. Many of these techniques have been discussed in the threads that you can find in the link above. :)

It's not a bad thing to be kind. Seems to be a rather widespread "problem" among the Thai people I've known.:)
    However, you'll learn that you can be kind without losing. Some of the kindest people I know thrash me regularly at badminton. :rolleyes:

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    @Fidget: Link you provided doesn't seem to work.
    @OP: For competitive play, just don't think about win/loss during your rallies. Instead focus on current rally/shots. W.r.t. friendly matches, you could use goal-setting, e.g. try not to give your opponent more than N number of points (e.g. winning him no worse than 21-5). This helps you treasure each point.

4. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

this is a mentality think

maybe u need a coach to teach u how to overcome it

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

something far too busy for my badminton needs
    How right you are. :eek: It is supposed to be the single content search with "mental" in the title. There are quite a few threads that result from that search. Perhaps this link will do it: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6590325
    How come that strategy never seems to work against the opponent on the iPhone '3-D Badminton' app!? :mad::p