Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

2. flite

flite Regular Member

If anyone of you who knew the real story about Yap Kim Hock downfall from being BAM chief coach to being transfered to coach Bukit Jalil Sports School will know exactly who this guy is.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sometimes discussing & speculating will make more blur if see different telescope.:D
    Anyway, SS Finals not yet start, speculate a while.

4. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    This problem existed since time immemorial in BAM
    I'm very surprised by this news, they've gone too far, thought they wouldn't done to the "best athlete ever exist in Malaysia" , but now they've done it , just because of their egoistic !
    They love to politic around , they don't care about athletes feeling , they only know to keep pressuring them , asking them to win and not appreciated the athletes , but at the end it is up to athlete themselves

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The real story about Yap Kim Hock downfall from being BAM chief coach

One thing I am quite certain; the truth will eventually be revealed.

BTW, I just don't understand why BAM management can consist of committee members with little knowledge of Badminton. :(:(:(

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Malaysia BOLEH!

In msia, everything is about CONNECTION!

is about who u know not what u know...

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Courtesy from NST - 2011/01/02

Teong Kiat surprised by Misbun's decision

NATIONAL singles coach Misbun Sidek's decision to quit may have an adverse effect on the national elite squad as there is fear Lee Chong Wei might follow suit.
    BAM treasurer Datuk Lim Teong Kiat, who was surprised by Misbun's decision, said that it is still early to comment on the possibility of Chong Wei joining his mentor but didn't discount the possibility.

"I was surprised to hear about the resignation and BAM will make an official statement on the issue once we had a meeting with our president (Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh) soon," said Teong Kiat when contacted in Alor Star yesterday.

"The decision to place (Misbun's son) Misbun Ramdan under Hendrawan could be a reason but there could be other reasons too.

"There are other coaches like Rashid Sidek and Tey Siu Bock whom Chong Wei can train with but he is comfortable with Misbun.

"We cannot do much if Chong Wei decides to follow his mentor but Chong Wei is still under National Sports Council's (NSC) payroll."

BAM high performance director Datuk James Selvaraj said the decision to send Misbun Ramdan under Hendrawan is something beyond his authority where coaching and training committee's are empowered decide on the players.

"I am supposed to co-ordinate the national players and coaches but I cannot get involved in hiring and firing them. It is a policy matter where coaching and training committee can make a decision," said Selvaraj.

"I have yet to receive an e-mail from Misbun pertaining his resignation and I can only comment once I view the his letter and have a formal discussion with him."

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said that Nadzmi should be able to clarify on Misbun's status after an executive meeting tomorrow. -- K.M. BOOPATHY

Read more: Teong Kiat surprised by Misbun's decision http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/43baddss2/Article/#ixzz19z0RXN5C

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    On a lighter note :

Those with knowledge of Badminton are at Bad Central...:D:D

Yeah, even the commentator too.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,me too think alike

i just dont understand why u just figure out this
    haha
    how is the flood in australia?
    affecting u?

==============================================
    still waiting another people to get interviewed and speak his opinion

i hope this drama end up with 3 people leave bam
    misbun,lee chong wei and …………

10. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
  11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you must be very worked out trying to find the fella:D

i thought you got the news with your link

but you show us the whole bam committee.lol

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    maybe this link will excite somebody:D

thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/6/sports/6810104&sec=sports

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Survivor game is in the making. ;)

14. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    surivor game ?? more like masak -masak to me

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Rashid cant decide because he also listens to BAM. Anyway you guys are too serious over this Misbun Drama. IMO nothing to worry bout it.

16. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    It is happening too in PBSI management lol

17. racquetor

racquetor Regular Member

racquetor
    It is not surprising for me that Misbun is going to resign. In fact, it is pretty much expected. Now the real show has begun. We will see if BAM will back down and give in to Misbun's demand as he holds CW as ransom. Since the new setup of coaching committees last year, BAM coaches had a tough time and were being pressured to produce results. The relationship between the upper management and the coaches were not in good terms as the coaches authority has been reduced;eg sending players to tournament or choosing players to train. A lot of decisions is being made by the upper management and coaches will have to follow orders even if don't feel like it. When there is no cooperation,effective communication and understanding between the the two, the last resort for the coaches is to quit. Anyone knows that LCW is a player that BAM cannot afford to lose because he is our hope for 2012 Olympic gold contender. I believe after the "big show", nothing will be solve. Both the upper management and coaches have their own weaknesses to look upon. The upper management should be more supportive and understanding and not over pressurize the coaches.

There are reasons why BAM setup a coaching committee to monitor the coaches. For the past few years, there are coaches who had been abusing their power/authority to gain personal interest. This includes corruption & nepotism. Since the appointment of new high performance director,every decisions of the coaches have to go through the approval of the high performance director. Indirectly,these coaches feels that they can no longer simply do whatever they wish. This may be a good move but unfortunately, the coaching committees went overboard and try to impose changes that perhaps too difficult for the coaches to accept. When a coach has too much power,he abuse it. At the end of the day, pity the players.

Can anyone hold BAM by ransom? Indra Gunawan tried it, but he failed. Pak Joo Bong and Morten Frost had the same fate. I'm not sure about Misbun but personally i think if he and LCW leave, it might do good for the rest of the back up players. The upper management knew that the backup players were weak and thus, maybe they will lower down their expectation of the coaches and players. It's time to move on, the country cannot depend on LCW all the time.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If MS and LCW leave, it might do good for the rest of the MAS back up players

I too think that if MS and LCW leave, it might do good for the rest of the MAS back up players.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

In the past decade there were calls by prominent people eg. Frost to have more professional management to run

sports organisations. Previously they were run mainly by ex-sportsmen with no management skills.

Certainly certain departments should have ex-players, but I think the ideal is to have ex-players with management qualifications

and experience, which is very difficult .

But it is getting out of control when other than players and pro managers there are also politicians, then it will be havoc.

Many organisations welcome politicians aboard heartily because their influence can bring in government support and money, like

someone said know-who is tops here.
    I think just like some of you said, BAM is improving and moving into the era where professionals and players do the running and

it is only 6 months old,they should be allowed to do their job. Of course like everything else there is always

room for continuous improvement and the management team is also subject to evaluation.everyone has to report to someone else.

A small set-up like a small club may be well run by a coach with multiple duties but I think BAM should have

pros to manage it relieving coaches of some duties.

Like someone here said, LYB or LD may not be around, but CBA will always be around.(This is an analogy

in case someone advises to stick to the topic).

#99 Bbn, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Honestly, I don't know most of the names listed there :eek::eek::D yeah, a bit ignorant when it comes on remembering political figures who I can care less...;)