Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

MP77 Frame Cracked

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by iceger, May 19, 2004.

1. iceger

iceger New Member

I have a MP77 that's got a crack at the top of the frame. Looking at the Yonex site, the frame is H.M Graphite. The crack is quite serious that it's gone 1/3 of the way thru the frame (almost reaching the grommet). Is there a way to stop the crack continuing? Or does anyone know of a way fixing the crack??

Many thanks.

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Some stores offer the repair services to the racket frame, and you might want to give it a try at local stores.

3. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Cut the string. Store safely your racquet in a good temperature place and do what bleujeff told you^^

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Iceger,

You could try to have it fixed. But if you routinely string your racquets at tension higher than 20lbs, I suggest you toss the doomed racquet in the garbage can. After a crack developed, it's not going to have the original integrity and material strength. No matter how smaller it is, a crack will just keep growing due to tensile pressure from the strings and shuttle impacts.

5. bluesky

bluesky Regular Member

civil engineer
    exact same thing happened to my mp77. i just ended up buying another mp77, pretty cheap these days anyhows ...