n9 vs n9ii

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Partially, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Partially

Partially New Member

I'm looking for a racquet a little bit less head heavy for doubles (compared to a voltric 80). I have my eye on these two racquets and I'm wondering how they compare to each other. Just how much more flexible is the n9 compared to the n9ii? And how much more head heavy is the n9ii compared to the n9?

2. Papa-chan

Papa-chan Regular Member

I don't own the n9ii though I have briefly used someone else's but I do have the n9, so this is my 2 cents.

n9ii feels like the forgiving version of js10 (3u). Sligthly head heavier and not as stiff as JS10. its still pretty stiff, perhaps like n900? Dry swing (with grip and strings) with the n9ii feels noticably faster.

The n9 feels little heavier than the n9ii, but the shaft is flexier than the n9ii. The n9ii feel head heavier than the n9, I think because the n9 weight is on the T joint, where as n9ii is on 9 and 3 o'clock. Power wise, I feel its hard to say as it depends on your swing. For me "flexier" ie n9 rackets are easier to do stick smashes. Hence backhand clears is easier is on the n9.

This is assuming all rackets are 27lbs. Personally n9 suits high tensions, I string mine at 28lbs.

Hope this helps.

pepe54 likes this.
  3. victor_Rukawa

victor_Rukawa Regular Member

anyone know length of shaft N9 and N9ii same or different?

thanks