Nanoray Z-Speed balance???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Justin N., Jan 16, 2017.

1. Justin N.

Justin N. Regular Member

A bit of a late discussion seeing as the Z-Speed was released quite a while ago, but I have no clue whether my Z-speed is a head light or head heavy racket. It's advertised as head light, some agree, some disagree. Your thoughts anyone?

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yonex states it is even balanced, but from my experience it is slightly head-heavy.

4. bison

bison Regular Member

i used Zspeed 3 U this week - BP 305 mm (with original grip) - it is slightly head havy

5. Bazinga!788

Bazinga!788 New Member

Only ever so slightly head heavy... Compared to my other 2 rackets here is how it rates in terms of head heaviness:
    Nzspeed<vt-ldf<vtzf2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    BP is at 296mm. It has a long shaft 224mm. 2mm longer than zf2. Thus the user feel of slightly head heavy.

But why are you concerned whether it is head heavy or head light when you already have one. Haha I hope you are enjoying the racket.

7. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Really like this ZSpeed racket for doubles. Feel like it's a close replacement of the NS 9900 racket.

8. erik_

erik_ New Member

I too have a ns9900 and looking for a replacement. zsp is on my list and im wondering if is has a bit more smashing power? The ns9900 can smash quite good but for singles you really have to work.

How would you compare the rackets and how does the migration went? Did you need lots of time to adjust from ns9900 to zsp?

9. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    The NS9900 is slightly head heavier than the ZSpeed. They are both excellent rackets for doubles; for singles, they lack the power that you need to kill.

My transition went really smooth. I feel with newer Yonex rackets though, they are more fragile and tend to break more easily. Never experienced any cracks on my rackets before but i experience one around 11 o'clock on my ZSpeed. No collision but left it overnight after the string at top of the frame broke.