Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

New here from SoCal...

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by n3w813, Aug 21, 2009.

1. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Found this place through google looking to improve my badminton technique after being absent from badminton for 7-8 years. :) Started playing when I was in junior high and played on a high school team. Played for a few years after high school but stopped after picking up basketball and snowboarding.

My friends started playing again about 2 years ago so I decided to join them. I've been playing on and off for about once a week to twice a month but really picking it up in the past 3 months. I feel that I'm still not at the same level as I was back after high school, but getting there. :D Can't smash the bird as hard and fast anymore... :crying:

Now I mostly play at ABC in Arcadia, CA on Tuesday nights. I have just enrolled to be trained by Hock Lai Lee next week because I want to get into competition badminton! Thinking about signing up for the D singles and D doubles in Summer Smash 2009 at SGVBC in September.

I've already read a lot of good discussions here about EVERYTHING there is to know about badminton!! So many friendly and helpful people :)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    welcomw to bc/bf.
    Maybe u should start out again with your old trusty racket first;)
    ArcS 10 is not a simple racket;)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, n3w813, and fellow SoCal!:)..Your scenario of missing badminton for 7-8 yrs is not bad. I'm sure you'll get the groove back after a few months of continuous playing. Hock Lai is not too bad of a coach, so i'm sure he'll get you back on your playing. I play @ ABC, too, but usually on the weekends.
    Anyway, good luck w/your upcoming Summer Smash tourneys. Keep visiting us and enjoy all the baddy discussions here!;):cool:

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Student
    welcome n3w813! I hope you enjoy these wonderful forums as much as I do!

heh it took me a bit to decipher your name. my 1447-speak isnt what it used to be

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi dude. welcome to the forum!:)
    have fun surfing here;)