Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

New Racquet Advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gareth, May 28, 2005.

1. Gareth

Gareth Regular Member

Hi all,
    I'm looking at getting a new racquet and want some suggestions on what you think.
    I'll try give you some back ground.
    I've had about 2 and a bit years of group coaching from the age of 14/15. Didn't play for years and I'm now getting back into it. I currently play just once a week but want to start the group lessons again and more if pos. So in total will never be more than 2 - 3 times a week.

Style
    Not really a big smasher. More def looking to move opponent around the court and finish with a net shot or easy smash to kill the rally. Will be used about 60/40-65/35 for straight doubles to singles.

Looking for something durable. Not currently planning on a competitive league or anything so want a racquet that will last over a year.
    Price range is going to be max of £60 but don't discount a racquet as I'm prepared to search for a bargin on ebay etc..

Currently using a Yehlex YX-2000 3U-G5. It's oval head but willing to consider isometrics(I know they have a differnet shaped head and a bigger sweetspot but any advice on the differnece in feel? Will it be a big change etc?)

Any thoughts you have would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Gaz

#1 Gareth, May 28, 2005
    Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hey what do you think of Mp88? :p

Be careful on ebay... theres alot of fakes lately^^

3. Gareth

Gareth Regular Member

thanks for the advice so far. Have checked out a few reviews of the MP88 and its sounds good. Do you have any good web sites to buy them from?

What about the Armortec 800 Def? That sounds like a quality model.

4. deveraux

deveraux Regular Member

AT800DE is a fantastic racquet but it does cost a bit more as well. Also, it still allows you to generate power while maintaining high maneuverability and is very forgiving. It's definitely one of the best racquet's I have ever used. If you have the money, I think that the AT800DE is probably one of the best racquet's around.

If you can afford it, I'd say its definitely worth the investment.

5. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I got a Carlton Powerblade Superlite a couple of weeks ago and have been very impressed with it. It feels significantly lighter than my other racquets and it's very maneuverable thanks to the light head. I also find the power very good, in fact too good at first as lots of my shots were going out!

Coupled with the fact that it's only £45 from Centralsports, I think it's great value for money and you don't have to worry about getting a fake off ebay!

http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=detail&product=5395

6. Shimotakimas

Shimotakimas Regular Member

Im gonna have to agree with Armortec 800DEF if you got cash :D