Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

New to photography..

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by jhirata, Jun 22, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. Get only NCAP/NROC certified coach. C
    The addiction shall set in. lol. ;)

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Badmintoncentral is my little shoulder-devil telling me to get stuff. I am rather glad that there is no cycling sub-forum here, otherwise I might be tempted to get a carbon helmet or some crap.

In the last few weeks, I learned that the telephoto lens is rather useless for me. I'm not a bird-watcher.
    The the basic 18-55mm lens does a good job for most occasions, but I am now wanting brighter images with more bokeh.

I told my parents that I wanted a dslr to take pics of the models I have to make for my assignments, but it turned out that I needed a macro lens for that, and my Samsung Galaxy S' camera does a better job than my DSLR with both lenses at that.

I plan to sell my telephoto lens already, to get an AF-S 35mm F/1.8 or an AF-S 50mm F/1.8 instead, from Amazon (are there cheaper shops to buy from?).. and at the same time, I will try to sell out my Apacs racquets to purchase another TC700 for badminton :D..

I know that skills are more important than the equipment, but I would still prefer to get rid of my bird-watching lens for a fast bright lens. I will probably do that later, after I keep playing with my 18-55...

(hold on a min, this cam can take 1080p vids. badminton video time.. tripod?)

#42 jhirata, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    haha. You knew that already but tell your parents :D

LOL

(from your first post)

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The D5100 lacking a built-in AF motor is also a pain.. AF-S lenses are so much more expensive than the older AF lenses :(

Aiyah. Will save up for a bright lens. For fun. I mean, why not?

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Just updating.. I got myself a 50mm F/1.8 for just.. 19usd. (a working one, of course)..

Will test it out tonight or in a few days on court and i'll update with results..

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Just a few from tonight.. (played with a group of friends)

Edit: Ew, I noticed that the uploaded pictures look so smudgy and compressed.. should I upload them elsewhere?

This guy thinks he's Lin Dan.. Couldn't frame the whole scene though. Nice timing but not much context
    luke2.jpg

luke3.jpg

luke4.jpg

One of my favourites
    yingji1.jpg

yingji2.jpg

#46 jhirata, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011