Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Newark, CA, USA

Discussion in 'USA West' started by kwun, Aug 26, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Newark's Silliman Activities center is opened on saturday and sunday, saturday from 1-4, and sundays from 8am till 5pm.

normally the gym has 6 courts, the sunday session sometimes only have 3 courts. the courts have very nice surface with tons of space around the courts, and also sitting area outside. the lighting and the wall colors is fairly poor. it takes a little bit to get used to.

it is usually quite crowded on sundays. i've never been there on saturdays but i can imagine it'd be quite crowded too.

this is the info:

Silliman Activity Center
    6800 Mowry Avenue, Newark, CA 94560
    Telephone: 510-742-4700
    Fax: 510-742-4470
    E-mail: recreation@newark.org
    http://www.ci.newark.ca.us/rc/rcrec.html

2. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

mostly high school players? adults? my cousin lives on mowry on fremont side, so if i ever spend the night during a weekend i wanna check it out

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    mostly adults.

4. Eric Shawn

Eric Shawn Guest

Newark Memorial HS is open mon wed sat 7-10...half hs players and half high level players..the silliman center is sometimes extened til 2 on saturdays and the competition there is mostly beginners but if u do go..go saturday because sundays are usually never extended and have only 3 courts with tons of people waiting for next...and they charge 3 dollars too..so its not worth it on sundays..but try and go saturday mornings...