Noobie First Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Scuds03, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Scuds03

Scuds03 New Member

Contract Killer
    I just started playing a bunch with friends in their back yard. They all have Wilson rackets from Big 5 and I was using a horrible steel one from the net kit. I wanted to have one as good as theirs and am on a budget. I went to Salvation Army and found one from a company named Yonex for $10.00. It says Carbonex 21 on it. Is the Carbonex 21 as good as my friends Wilson titanium racket? If not I'll just go buy the Wilson one from Big five for $30.

#1 Scuds03, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

the cab 21 is an excellent racquet, still used and loved by many in the badminton world, even though it's been in production for over 20 years.
    and at 10 bucks, it's a snip!

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    What a buy! Cab21 for 10 bucks....Rather than thinking if the racquet is good or not, think of whether you excel your friend's skill.

But back to the topic, I'd say Cab21 is better than Wilson Ti anytime.

4. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    It is as good a striking gold in a treasure hunt, $10 for Cab21. Maybe I should start going to Salvation Army for tresaure hunting good stuff.:)

5. Scuds03

Scuds03 New Member

Contract Killer
    Ok great! Good news haha. I am by no means nearly good enough in skill for a good racket to make a difference but its still nice to have a proper tool rather than the kit one with plastic strings :)