Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    sindhu's interview after that epic final.

Cheung likes this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sindhu's interview before world championships

3. Baddyforall

Interviewer : Considering Chinese dominance in this sport, you are undefeated by chinese players in your world championships history.

Very good answer by Sindhu

Sindhu: Yeah. Before , Chinese players were unbeatable. But time has changed. They too are beatable. But i never enter the court thinking that player is from a particular country , china or japan or something like that. I will consider them as an opponent thinking about their style and play and how to handle them. That's it.

nilesh123, dave010 and Vijay P. like this.
  4. Baddyforall

Sindhu's father was sad.

I wanna translate one question.

Interviewer : what do you feel about sindhu's game in the final

Father: Sindhu had huge lead in the first game and as well as in the final game she was 19-17 . She made some mistakes and i felt that she did not play her normal attacking game. I don't know whether the court conditions or shuttle speed or coaches advice forced her to play like that. I may know only when she returns back to india.

In the whole interview , his body language showed that he was very disappointed even though she got silver medal.

5. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Yes, her father is right. She did not play her attacking game in the last game, she was clearing most of the time. The fact was Nozomi was fitter than her, moving faster around the court than her, which was decisive.

Though I was supporting Sindu to win but she did not have the legs to move. I think she felt quite tense and just played safely thinking the Japanese player would make mistakes or tire down. Even the umpire gave her a warning card for taking too much time off court, as she needed more time to recover than Nozomi after tough rallies. She needs improve her stamina and take risks.

dave010 likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    She was too tired to attack. If your movement is compromised, your error rate on attacking play will go up.

Nozomi also got back many of Sindhu's smashes thus prolonging the rallies and making Sindhu even more exhausted.

dave010 likes this.
  7. Baddyforall

p v sindhu and Gopichand press conference in india after returning back.

8. Baddyforall

Sindhu said that she cried after the match . At 6.19, she was mentioning about it.

nilesh123 likes this.
  9. Baddyforall

Interview with sindhu's father.

Interviewer : What is your opinion about sindhu's victory over Nozomi Okuhara.

Father : I watched it. In the first game, both of them didn't want to give lead to the other . Sindhu took the game 1. And in the second, she slowed down and in the third both of them fought hard. We should not consider this as Revenge. Intelligent thing is to understand the form of a player , court conditions etc. So, we have to think how you played the opponent on that day and use the same strategy on future encounters.

Interviewer : What do you think about sindhu's style of play?

Father: She is an aggressive player. I found that she is getting matured day by day. She said to me recently "Dad, we should not attack always. if i attack most of the time, i will get tired quicly. Nowadays, there are so many good defensive players. ". I think she is becoming more all round player nowadays. And also, we can't go for attacking mode when the shuttle is slow. In the Glasgow world championships , the shuttles were slow and Nozomi Okuhara was able to handle it well. Today, shuttle was faster and i can see sindhu hitting more smash winners than she did it in World championships finals.

WISE MAN.

#609 Baddyforall, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    nilesh123 and Cheung like this.
  10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    #recommended
    Have a look at her Instagram, absolutely gorgeous.
    Lovely to see her on KBC and how Amitabh Bachchan welcomed her, a where testimony of how big a star she is now.

A true champion by soul and heart. Looking forward to see her on top of the podium again this year

11. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

She is becoming a huge star now, but I hope it doesn't take away from her badminton. We have seen it so many times with athletes in so many other sports, they get some success, are treated like superstars and they fall, because they let the success take the edge off their work ethic. I hope it doesn't happen to Sindhu, but it looks like it has. I mean, she is still losing to players like Chen Yufei, who she has no business losing to. She should be a convincingly dominant player, but she still feels like the "HOT or cold" player she has always been (Being able to beat top 5 players when she is playing well, but then loses to players whom she has no business losing to. I thought she would convincingly be the best player by now, having shown the ability to beat top players for almost 4 years now. She does have World and Olympic Silver, which she lost narrowly, but outside of those, she feels inconsistent, and I thought she would have been better than Carolina and Okuhara years ago, I can't believe she still isn't better than them.

12. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

She isn't even a top 5 player. Tai Tzu Yang, Akane, Okuhara, Ratchanok and Carolina are all quite a bit better (Not so sure about Carolina, Sindhu may be better by now). She should be number one by now judging by the level she has shown herself capable of, but she seems to not have the edge necessary to truly dominate

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i disagree. within this top group the margin of victory is very small. 'quite a bit better' means you expect pvs to lose every time. the only one quite a bit better is tai tzu ying, but even she doesn't beat the group every time.
    she's #2 now, and will remain #2 until the next superseries. look at her results from the past 52 weeks... very impressive. http://bwfbadminton.com/rankings/2/...es/2017/43?rows=25&page_no=1&player1_id=73173

when, or if, pvs reaches #1 will you expect her to win every match every time?

why does an occasional loss here and there cause fans to panic over a players ability?

#613 samkool, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    stanleyfm likes this.
  14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well first of all there's no top 3 or even top5 in WS for that matter. Each of them take turns to ignite their nitros up and then recline to let off the heat.
    Anybody can beat anybody on their best day, and the "elites" changes every other tourney.

For me since the "exit" of LXR there's nobody "completely dominant", TTY has had her time of relish a lil longer than others, but even that doesn't make her the leader of the pact.

Currently it may seem like TTY> AY> PVS/RI
    And CM, SJH, SN, CYF way behind (NO not playing the previous two tourneys) but that's not necessarily true. AY is having the harvest season but with all respect I still don't consider her as top 3 (if you must choose) ("YET")
    for me it's more like TTY> NO/PVS> CM/AY/RI/SN> CYF/HBJ/SJH with the previous just a tad bit notch ahead in one prospect or the other.

PVS though has been highly inconsistent has started to take leaps even in that section. She is a very intelligent player and has a physical edge over most others, I won't be surprised if she goes on to top the podium in CHN or HKG

#614 nilesh123, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Quite a bit better at this level looks very small on the surface. Nuff said. I don't expect her to win every match, but she is losing badly to players like Chen Yufei and others whom she has no business losing to, I mean seriously, she should only be losing to players like TTY, AY etc, and even then, she should be dominating them, she has that wonderful attack that few players have, but she isn't dominating the other players the way she should be. She was a Worlds medalist 4 years ago, her talent and ability level is obviously right up there, why isn't she showing it?

16. Baddyforall

But TTY and Akane don't have world champs medals. So, don't worry. She will come out of it as usual.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    name one badminton athlete that has not happened to... please post your findings here.

18. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Well of course it has happened to all great players, but Sindhu has the skills (And should have by now the experience) to be a LD/LCW type figure and lose less than 5 times per year. She should be beating pretty much everyone is what I am saying, she is that awesome

19. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    hmmm... sounds like a very short sighted and shallow analysis on which to base the outcome of a match on. i feel you are setting yourself up for many disappointments.

20. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

To be quite honest, I know I am, I expected her to win the worlds, considering her record against Okuhara at the time, I was disappointed there (One awesome match though), I expected her to be even better than she is right now, but she has everything to be the undisputed best player in the world, I just don't get why she isn't there yet, because she has been at a worlds medalist level since 2013, she should have plenty of experience by now