Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Pain in Lower Middle Part in Biceps on outer Side.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by manishsingh137, Nov 5, 2012.

1. manishsingh137

manishsingh137 New Member

Software engineer
    Hi all,

I have started Playing Badminton after 3 Years , But now when ever I play for an hour or so I feel immense pain in outer and lower-middle side of my biceps.
    The Pain disappears after taking half an hour rest and applying pain relief spray
    I really want to continue the game but without pain.:confused:

Guys please suggest,

-manish

2. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

I assume it is a result of being too tense. Holding the grip tight overworks your biceps muscle. I had this problem a lot after long competitions until I learned how to relax. After a month of half an hour passes of playing against a wall with high speed, and trying to remember to use the body weight to generate most power during rallies, my arm doesn't feel the least fatigued after a match.
    Going to the gym to work the arm muscles could also help, but fixing the technique first is crucial.
    Maybe you should rest for a week or two before attempting rehabilitation exercises.

3. manishsingh137

manishsingh137 New Member

Software engineer
    Thanks I am feel better Now.
    I hope my smashing technique was wrong ,I have worked a bit on wright technique and Now I don't fell the same pain.