Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

plastic shrink wrap

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cycilver, Mar 24, 2007.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    hi, i know some people who leave the plastic shrink wrap on their racket and apply an overgrip. i was wondering if leaving the shrink wrap on will have any negative consequences?

2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    The overgrip likely wont adhere as effectively to the shrink wrap as to the factory grip/undergrip.

3. Glencoclub-Nick

Glencoclub-Nick Regular Member

I only leave that on when I use a towel grip because it will rip the orignal grip when you take it off, but for normal grips I dont really see a point in keeping it on unless you want to make people think that it is brand new if you sell it.

4. noluckjim

noluckjim Regular Member

Student
    I think the main reason is that it's a lot easier to remove the overgrip from a plastic surface rather than from a grip.

As Glencoclub-Nick says, removing overgrips has a tendency to rip the underlying grip - uneven underlay will eventually become a pain to wrap around (plus, it looks nasty). This applies to all grips in general, and not just towels :)