Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Play in Waterloo/Kitchener?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by epihua, Jun 8, 2008.

1. epihua

epihua New Member

I will stay in Waterloo from Jun to August. Though living close to the UW campus, but I can't join the UW badminton Club because I don't have a WatCard. Forest Heights Center is full. Breithaupt Community Centre is too far from my place.

Does anyone know other good place for badminton in Waterloo/Kitchener area? Anytime except wednesday night works to me. I have played several yrs in SK, comfortable with both kinds of birds.

2. staples

staples Regular Member

3. emba33

emba33 Regular Member

If you a looking for good recreational level badminton, the following places are available this summer:

Breithaupt Community Center - Costs $4.25 (includes shuttle costs). July and August 2008 - Tuesday nights 7:15pm to 9:30pm and Sundays (1:00pm to 4:00pm).

Conestoga College - Cost $3 (bring your own shuttles). July and August 2008 - Thursday nights 6:30pm to 9:30pm at the Recreation complex.

If you need a ride, leave me a personal message on this site, and I might be able to arrange something.

KW badminton is a good place. There are higher calibre players overall, however, a membership is over $100 (which is very reasonable if you can use it a full year) -- but it might not be worth is for a few months. Also ... these locations average around 20 players on a given night.

-- Emba33