Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

POLL: What shuttles do you use?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Togey, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Togey

Togey Regular Member

I normally use the carlton T800 medium, but just today I've bought a dozen AS-20s, and they are just wonderful - I'm not using plastic ever again! My friend and I went through 3 in 1hr though :( Not great for 13 quid...

btw, whats the difference between the AS-10 > AS-50s? The store manager said the higher the model number, the faster the shuttles are but I'm not sure.

#1 Togey, Mar 5, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    I used to use DTL Official or RSL No. 3 all the time, but I started using Mavis 350 and 300 again... I know, I know, people are gonna start jumping on me that feathers are better than nylons, I agree, however I'm playing with more beginners than I used to and frankly, I can't afford for them to be slicing my feathers into itty bitty bits all the time.

Difference between AS-20 and 50, I've tried both, though I've never compared them purposely, but overall I feel the difference is consistency of flight, consistency of the birds in the tube (tube of AS-50 has less flaws on the birds than AS-20) and durability. The one tube of AS-20 that I tried was pretty fragile, didn't last nearly as long as the as-50s.

What the manager said about the as-50 being faster than as-20 is debatable, if you get the same grade (red green or blue) the speed should theoretically be the same.

Personally though, I stay away from yonex feather birds because of the crazy prices. For the price of a tube of AS-50, you could get several tubes of same quality birds from other brands.

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

13 quid. you went to the wrong shop
    a dozen AS-20 are 8.75 at www.centralsports.co.uk

the store manager don't know shuttles
    the higher the model number the better the quality and consistency.

For Yonex the speed should be indiocated by a little sticker on the cap. In the UK you will probably only see speeds 2 and 3. 3 is faster than 2.

4. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Personally for social hits with friends.. i use Epsilon Yellows.. they fly pretty well.. On Friday night comps.. the club uses a variety of brands.. Carlton, Sealion, RSL and a couple of others.. can't really remember their names.. :cool:

5. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    I personally use AS-50