Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

PP Trinity 2 was a trooper

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by yeeah, Mar 23, 2011.

1. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

Survived 2 smash clashes at the same location but finally succumbed after a re-string and mishit of the bird directly on the damaged spot. Both clashes were the same, I was moving back to intercept assuming my partner was too wide and too slow after his last hit. I guess he was faster than I thought. Both times he comes in for a leaping smash. I covered the area each time with clear nail polish. I got the racket restrung and re-gripped and the first session after a mishit this happened. The racket felt really "vibrationy" after the re-string, something was definately already wrong.

DSCF3068.jpg
    DSCF3066.jpg
    DSCF3069.jpg

2. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

That is one ugly sumbitch:eek:.

3. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    It's a shame, but I see you already have a Trinity Pro to take its place (how about posting a comparison in the Panda Power thread?)
    Out of interest, why did you cover the area with nail polish?

4. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

I have a TPro, but I can't justly give any sort of comparison for a couple of reasons.
    1) I got the racket straight from DinkALot with 27 lbs of Zm70. I normally play at 22-23lbs with Zm67.
    2) The overgrip under the Nano60 on it doesn't match what I normally use.
    Because of those 2 points the TPro felt really sluggish and out of control.

The roughness of paint chips bug me. I covered the damaged areas with nail polish to smooth over the spot. After the first major clash it actually gave me a "graphite sliver" when I ran my finger over the damage. The 2nd time it got clashed on the same spot a chunk of nail polish and more T2 disappeared. The other damaged spot above was from yet another clash.

5. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Ah okay. Hope you like the TPro when you get it set up to your liking :)