Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Question about string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by john10235, Apr 3, 2005.

1. john10235

john10235 Regular Member

Secondary 5 student (equivalent to Grade 11)
    I am a lower-intermediate player and played "real" badminton only since last year. I have been using BG65 for 21lbs (newly strung tension) for 1 year. Now I think the tension already drops to less than 20lbs. The strings move every time I do a full smash, or even a clear. Now I want to change to BG70PRO at 24lbs. Will I experience much change in power in the early stage and after a few months?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Since you already know what you are going to use, why don't you try it and tell us?

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I think jump from 20lb to 24lb is quite a big step, and BG70PRO is known for its stiff feeling. If ur racket has a stiff shaft, the impact could be even more significant.

If possible, maybe u can go with 22lb as for now, and make 24lb the next try. It should minimize the transaction time, as safer to ur shoulder.