Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Quick question

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by hellspar3, May 27, 2007.

1. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

Hey guys, I have a quick little question. I have a mp 23 that I broke a while back, I decided to get it restrung today. I had it restrung at 24lbs with bg 65. When I tested it out I realized although it had more power than the stock strings before, control was noticeably worse. Is it because I had it done at 24? Is 24 too high? I heard that bg65 drops it's tension after a couple days use, so I did it at 24 to make sure I don't end up with something too low. What tension are stock strings usually strung at?

Thanks.

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Factory is usually 18-20lbs.
    To practice control, hit against the wall, start slow and gradually increase speed and try to control the direction of the shuttle.

3. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

Ahh no wonder, I think I just need to get used to the difference in tension, as the ones i had before probably went down to at least 18 or so.

I'm such a noob, I actually though higher tension means more power. LOL.

4. skuren_dropp

skuren_dropp Regular Member

Studying
    I think that If you're a hard hitter you'll easily gain more power with higher tension, but if you´re hitting the ball "softer" a lower tension will suit you better. But I don't think you'll loose control if you restrung harder, since it used to give you more control at the net..:)

5. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

I can't really say it controls worse because I've only tested it out for a few minutes. I just noticed that when I was returning with my backhand it seemed to not feel as controllable. Kind of a numb feeling. I think before it felt "softer", which makes sense since the string is tighter now. I'm sure I'll get used to it.