Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Racket Suggestion

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jjnoob, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jjnoob

jjnoob New Member

Hi Guys,

Need a little bit of help here. Currently I am using a BS09 as my main racket. However, at times I feel it is a bit too flexible for me. I have used stiffer rackets and really like the feel of them. I also prefer head-heavy rackets due to my playing style.

A little about myself, I am a very much offensive player who likes to vary my shots. I play a mixture of both singles and doubles depending on the group I play with. Technique-wise, I have been going for training for a while now and have no complaints on my BS09 in terms of hitting, etc. Just that its slightly too flexible for me.

So anyone has any rackets to recommend?
    Budget : RM400 max

Thanks for your help :)
    J

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    stiff head heavy racket would be the victor superwave35. it's the same price as the bravesword i believe. not sure if that's under rm400 or not. some of the mid range armortec from yonex is also stiff shaft head heavy balance as well :)

3. jjnoob

jjnoob New Member

Thanks for the suggestion :) Any other suggestions so that I can have a comparison between a few rackets when I go and try them? I was looking at the Victor Spira 21 as well but not too sure how it plays though. Yonex is okay for me but a tad bit pricey and must really look in order to determine authenticity

J

4. minimarcy

minimarcy Regular Member

Digital Advertising
    Apacs Tantrum 300?

5. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    JJ, have you given the Brave Sword 12 a try? It's stiffer and head heavier than the BS 9.

6. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

Voltric Z-force. Stiff and head heavy. Love it

7. jjnoob

jjnoob New Member

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions :) Havent had a go with the apacs as no one i know plays using that :( As for the bravesword, I have tried and it seems ok but I feel it is not head heavy enough (?).

As for the z-force, had a go with it and something just doesn't feel right when playing with it for me. Maybe not my style (not to mention out of my budget) :(