Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Rasmus Fladberg

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by demolidor, Aug 28, 2011.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just released on the Badminton Denmark website, another one of the more promising Danes: Rasmus Fladberg
    I think he is registered here as a bc member as well ;), searching for old videos of his father former World Champion Steen Fladberg (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-your-video-requests-here?p=985373#post985373).

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"] Profile of the day: Rasmus Fladberg

Organisation: Badminton.dk
    Published by: Anders Dall
    Date: 8/28/2011 12:07:38 PM
    Category: General

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"] U19 6 N Rasmus Fladberg portrt.ashx (Small).jpeg [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Name: Rasmus Fladberg
    Date of Birth: 30th of January 1992
    Place of Birth: Køge
    Right/Left hand: Right
    Height: 187 cm
    Weight: 83 kg
    Event: Men's Singles
    Started badminton at age: 9
    How I got started: As a youngster my parents brought me to the hall in Køge while I was still playing football and tennis. It was a hard choice for me, but in the end I felt the most for badminton.
    Current ranking: www.bwfbadminton.org
    Best results: Second place Banuinvest International 2011, third place Estonian International 2011, second place European Junior Championships, Helsinki, Finland, third place World Junior Championships 2010, Guadalajara, Mexico (doubles)
    My personal website:
    Sponsors:
    Spar Nord Bank, Badzine

Short portrait:
    As a person:
    I’m very sociable and like to spend time with the ones I care about. Sometimes I’ll meet time trouble because I’m trying to reach everything, not familiar with the fact there’s only 24 hours a day. I have just started the education BSc in Economics and Business Administration (HA Almen in Danish) on Copenhagen Business School. I like a life not only based on one thing, which is why I do many things beside badminton. I think I will benefit as a badminton player from that too.
    As a player: Ambitious, determined and a “hard worker”. Sometimes my ambitions are too massive, which can cause frustrations on the court. But generally I’m good at dealing with this.
    Ambitions with the sport: I really want to be the best in everything I do. In badminton my overall goal is to reach top 7 in the world, and hopefully be able to take some great titles in this period.

#1 demolidor, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Student
    I know that there seems to be no interest in this thread, but I'm going to post in it anyway...:)

Fladberg looks to be a good young player, he is still U20, so he isn't too old. Although I think that Axelsen is the better talent (and the player that will take the #1 ranking one day) Fladberg will either become a good back up (top 20 player) or make a full time switch to doubles, in which he could become quite part of a strong partnership. He did well at the Dutch open recently, so he has potential, let's see where it gets him:)