Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Receiving serve in doubles

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cheung, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I noticed that a lot of top doubles players receive a serve on the forehand with the shaft almost horizontal.

Trying it out recently, it seems quite effective. I can push, lift, tumble. Anybody been taught this before? What advantages/disadvantages do you find?

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Don't know about most of you but i hit out side many times when

returning a spin serve when lifting with racquet shaft pointing to ground and bringing it up.

I solved problem by keeping shaft horizontal and swinging upwards, shuttle seldom goes out sideline as I achieve better control of spin.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    speed to shuttle contact is still No. 1 for me.

4. GOKOUBOY

GOKOUBOY Guest

hmmm.... no. depends which side i am on... i aim to hit on the backhand side of the court and so change my grip accordingly... when receiving on the right hand side court... i use a backhand grip... and when on the left.. a forehand... alwaysaiming to play into the backhand court...