Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Recommendations plz (Ti-7?)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ryoga, May 31, 2006.

1. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Hi guys, just need some help with picking out a racket. I could get it either here in On (so Yo's) or in HK. Looking for -

Brand - Yonex
    Price Range - 100 - 120 CAD (or HK equivalent)
    Skill Level - Moving from beginner to intermediate? (I play a lot now so i'm starting to get better)
    Weight - I perfer 3U
    Player Type - Recreational, more doubles than singles. I use my left hand to play even tho I'm right-handed b/c I dislocated my right shoulder playing tennis hahaha. That's why i dont smash much cause i cant get much power on my left hand. I tend to do a lot of drop shots and net play.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the 3U Ti-7. Is there any other recommendations? Thanks guys

2. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

come on guys. 34 views and no replies? help me out

3. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well, i own a Ti-7 and personally i'd say its decent for me. Its not that its bad, but it doesnt seem like something a hard hitter or smash-preferenced person like me would use. However, i'll say that if you're a control/precision or tactical type of player, its perfect.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i dont like it but that is my personal taste

5. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Thanks PandaLord. Cooler do u hav anything else u'd recommend if u dont think Ti-7 is good?

6. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well, like i said, its not that Ti-7 is not good, its just that it doesnt fit my personal taste. I love head heavy rackets for more 'Oomph'.

My friend on the other hand, loves playing deceptively and accurately, and he ABSOLUTELY LOVES my Ti-7. Apparently he loves the head light (i feel like its balanced though but its what the racket says) feeling of the Ti-7 and says that it helps him move faster and control the ball better.

So there you have it, me and my friend are completely opposites, if we played a singles game he'd give me tight shots while i go explosively on him. ;)

What type of player are you ? That would help greatly. Perhaps look around the forums on reviews of rackets to fit what you want in a racket.

#6 PandaLord, Jun 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  7. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

I'm probably more like your friends. i like playing technical/deceptive shots. i'm more of a net player and i'd perfer a light racket. does that help?

8. PandaLord

PandaLord Regular Member

Student
    Well then, Ti-7 may be what you want after all. Its head light, and i personally feel that its extremely good at handling nets and doing deceptive shots.

Be warned though, theres two types of Ti-7, the Ti-7 Light and Ti-7. Mine is the Ti-7 Light.

9. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

i'm looking for the Ti-7 light. but i heard it may be hard to find.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i re-read your first post and ti-7 likely suits you because you now must relies more on wrist than your shoulder. A newer design might be the armortec 300 in that price range

11. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Well I dont know how a Ti7 feels but let me give you my recommendation.
    I ve tried a few Nano and a few Armortecs but what I really loved and what left a strong impression was the Nano 9000S 3U.
    I know that would be over the budget but this racket would last easily 10 years and you dont need to worry about getting a new racket soon when your skills improves again.
    It would be a perfect match for your requirements.

12. Ryoga

Ryoga Regular Member

Cooler - thanks
    Zangetsu - thanks for your recommendation. but if i'm gonna spend that much money wouldnt a AT800 DEF be better? 4u racket and it felt quite good when i played with my friend's. just my piece of though. but yea. those rackets would be way over budget for me. i dont want to spoil myself with too good a racket rite now cause i wont improve and become too reliant on good rackets. thanks tho