Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Seattle - looking for partner

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by nimdabew, Oct 19, 2008.

1. nimdabew

nimdabew New Member

Pilot
    Hi, I have been playing badminton since I have been a very young child and started getting competive in high school, Shore Crest High in seattle, but the school never had a team. I just played with my friend during lunch time and then went to college. At Embry-Riddle, my roommate was a badminton player and he said he was his high school state champion in minnesota in 2004/2005. I played him and gave him a good run for his money and won about 50% of the time in 2007. Haven't touched a raquet in almost three years. Now I want to get back into it since I just finally healed from knee surgery in may, I am looking for a person that is a good player, but someone that is also looking for a challenge that can play up to my level. I am a self proclaimed professional noob, but I don't know what that means on a player level. One person that would like to get together in the north seattle area around shoreline/lynnwood would be great.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello friend, welcome to the forum and have fun here!:)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCBF, nimdabew!:)..Wow, so you started playing baddy since you were very young? May i ask did you start playing here in the U.S. or overseas??..It's good though that you're re-starting playing again, eventhough you have stopped playing for the last 3 yrs.
    Sorry to hear abt your knee surgery. Hope you're 100% healthy now.
    As for your query of places or people to play with in Seattle, you can go to the Places to Play/Local Events-->USA West sub-forum/section. Plenty of local Seattle/Washington state BCers.
    Anyway, hope for the best in your baddy plan and enjoyo surfing this forum!;):cool:

4. nimdabew

nimdabew New Member

Pilot
    When I say I have been playing since I was very young, its more along the lines of backyard playing at the age of 4-5. I still want to find a steady partner that will be able to keep up, or be better than me. I get really competitive and tend to get back into the swing of things really fast.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Welcome to the forum