Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Selecting the size for the MIZUNO 7KM-16009 Wave Smash GT LO

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by CanuckBur, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    I am buying a pair of Mizuno badminton shoes from the HK but I have trouble finding the right size.
    I have a pair of Mizuno badminton shoes (4 years) which is JP 26.5 from Japan. It is an old pair so it might be stretched a bit. It is a very good fit to me.
    My current pair is a middle cut and I am buying a low cut this time. I measured my feet and got the following information:

Actual foot length
    Resting == 26.5 CM.

Length on Right foot while (sitting) == 26.8 cm.
    Length on Right foot while (standing) == 27.2 cm.
    Length on Left foot while (sitting) == 26.9 cm
    Length on Left foot while (standing) == 27.2 cm.

Some people advised me to get the 26.5 because I was wearing the 26.5. But, the shop owner thinks that I should get whatever I measured from my feet.

Any expert here on the Mizuno badminton shoes here can give me some suggestions? Thanks.

2. dolbydj

dolbydj Regular Member

Supplies
    CanuckBur,

I have the Wave Smash GT Mid - 7KM 12009. It is the first shoe in this posted image
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/97864-Mizuno-Wave-Party!!?highlight=

I measured my feet to be 25.2cm while standing and purchased the 25.5cm and found it to be the perfect fit. I purchased through Sohubuy.com and they were $51 US with no duty. They are not the grippiest of shoes out of the box, but have a soft wave as opposed to some Mizunos with a hard plastic wave. Also, I think there are brand new Wave Fangs coming at www.mizuno.co.jp

3. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Thanks for the info. I am going for the 27.0. I am probably right on the 27.0. I was measuring with all my weight on one leg. I am buying it from the e78 too, along with a Voltrix 80 and a few clothes. My first choice was the Fang XT but they didn't have my size. Then, I was deciding between the Mid 7KM 12009 and Lo 7KM 16009. Since my current pair is a Mid so I decided to try out the Lo one. I like the Mizuno shoes because they are great for my 3E feet.

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you better get the 27.5 or else you'll end up with black/broken toe nails like me :crying:

5. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    All my shoes are 26.5/42 US. I have a pair of Mizuno running shoes which are 27. I probably got the black toe nail from my badminton activity. I think it is normal for an athlete to get a black nail because at some periods of the exercises that our toes got injured. (I hadn't gotten a broken toe nail yet).

6. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    [h=6]I changed my mind and got the new model low cut MIZUNO WAVE FANG VS 7KM-27009 (27). Very happy with the purchase.[/h]