Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Here's my Superstringer T20 with its brand new WISE 2086:

SM6_3126.JPG
    SM6_3127-001.JPG
    SM6_3129-001.JPG

DarthHowie and Super85 like this.
  2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    As a matter of interest, are you going top-down or bottom-up? If bottom-up I'd recommend moving both your upper and lower supports up to the higher holes in the arms;).

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm mostly doing a Haribito variant which is top-down from the lowest top shared hole down to the bottom and then finishing off the remaining top crosses bottom-up. So it's more top-down than bottom-up and hence the deeper side supports.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Maybe I'm drunk again, but your load spreader looks a bit bend on the right side. Seems like you didn't filed it to fit on the post.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    I used to chop the outermost teeth off those white spreaders - I had one snap on me because of over-flexing.

It's still bigger than the one Yonex deems safe even with two teeth missing!

s_mair likes this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't know if you're drunk (and I'm not judging you if you are ) - but it's either a perspective thing that makes it appear bent or it's because I just mounted that racket quick and dirty only for the picture. The supports were all pretty loose.

The load spreader fits the post perfectly as it was - no filling needed.

ucantseeme likes this.
  7. ucantseeme

Did the same and use this for oval heads. If you get an old racket for restring the oval head sits just on the outside edges and apply much pressure on them without contacting the 12 o'clock properly.

s_mair likes this.
  8. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    I finally picked up my AEF S70, sorry I'm not going to bother taking many photos as it's basically a Superstringer S70.

A little bit about how my purchase went: I wanted the green S70 like the superstringer but they told me they only have blue... when I opened it up it ended up being green anyways lol. The product description clearly did not include a string puller so I ordered an extra one... and now I have 2 string pullers as a result. I was charged extra as there was supposed to be a discount on buying flying clamps together, so seller bundled 5 packs of cheap string along with the whole thing.

Also, I can't seem to rotate the racket all the way through without knocking into the drop weight tower. Is this a design flaw or a tolerance issue? I have to lift the racket shaft slightly to clear the top of the tower which is quite troublesome, as I've already nicked abit of paint off from the rackets from my practice runs.

[​IMG]

#268 Nicholas Tam, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    s_mair likes this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nice machine! Welcome to the green-club! :D

Regarding the tower - I would say that there is no drop weight machine on this planet that allows 360° rotation. Any by the way, I don't think you need the extra blue load spreader at 12 o'clock. That support piece is already designed to act as a load spreader which does the job perfectly fine.

DarthHowie likes this.
  10. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    Just keeping one load spreader @ 12 o'clock is fine isn't it? I'm going to be doing some high tension stringing so I wanted to use a larger spreader as a precaution.

Oh yea as it turns out, the bundled tools were pretty bad, the cutters don't cut so I'm going to have to go for a Tamiya. Also wanted to pick up a starting clamp but Winston from MBS sold out when I got there ;(

Well I could do without one since I have fixed clamps =P

#270 Nicholas Tam, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You will see that there are a quite a lot of rackets which won't give you enough space between frame and the top cross to insert both load spreaders. And frankly spoken, that is simply an overkill. The stock support itself is almost identical to the badminton supports that Gamma is offering for their machines, so you seriously don't need to worry about it being not "load spreading" enough. That thing alone is fine!

By the way, you can easily (ab)use a flying clamp as starting clamp. Just make sure to have a piece of thin cardboard between the flying clamp and the frame to avoid that the clamp damages the frame and/or the strings on the outside. Even the cheap AEF-flying clamps hold everything up to 30 lbs. easily. Take a second one behind it and I guess you could reach 100 lbs. if needed. ;)

#271 s_mair, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    DarthHowie likes this.
  12. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    del

#272 Nicholas Tam, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. ucantseeme

MY PS 3600 did allow 360 rotation for example as I used the drop weight mechanism...I think no 360 rotation is more an exception than a rule...

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh... interesting. But that would only work if you start the tensioning process with the lever bar lying down, right?

But in that case, I immediately take back what I've just said and claim the opposite! :p

15. ucantseeme

Indeed. Only possible when the lever bar is down anything else would lead to a really ineffective angle to pull, but when you release the tension on a drop weight, it's easy to just pull it up slightly until the gripper release the string and put it down and then insert the next segment...

16. decoy

decoy Regular Member

My Gamma X6-FC also allows 360 rotation while the bar is down. Even at horizontal I think the racquet would clear it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

17. Nicholas Tam

Hobo Student
    btw @s_mair , did you use a low or medium height adapter plate for the WISE? I saw that there's apparently a low height and medium height adapter plate and was wondering if you used the latter which made it necessary to raise the table

[​IMG]

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I got the low adapter. But it wasn't low enough obviously.
    I guess that's the reason why that raiser plate was supplied with the machine.

19. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    It's not just a case of high and low - the two adapters are designed for different machines, so you have to get the one for your machine or the screw holes on the bottom won't line up properly.

20. Lupukka

Lupukka New Member

Hello!

Just received this week my new toy, Superstringer S90. Finished my first stringing with it, ARC11 with BG80 about 24/26. This will replace my older Pro's Pro Shuttle Express which has served me for about a year. I thought that it was a time to get a drop weight machine with fixed clamps. I am very pleased with the quality and functions of this machine. Maybe I'll get WISE for it on some day...

Attached Files:

s_mair and Super85 like this.