Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Shin Baek Cheol

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by Sealman, Nov 30, 2010.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Hahaha. Anyway I like how his body actions reflect the frustration but man, his face is just so poker. LOL.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Indeed. His body language was so frustrated but his face just kept the same frown throughout except when celebrating.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    Shin has an excellent serve when he doesn't get faulted, but Ko needs to sort his out. An extra second of prep is all he'd need.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Ko has always been a rushed server but tbh it's not that easy to fault unless he starts flicking. Shin has a great stable serve but as the IO Final match showed. That service height is just stupid high. In its final moments it's worse than Yoo's is.

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Even before the game starting, that "frown" was there, and only gone when the final set hit 21-19. *lol*

6. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Well done Shin and Ko!!! Great win and in a SS prem! Fantastic to beat LYD in the semi's (as LYD is starting to be very annoying!) too. Keep it up and hopefully see more of them in finals soon!

7. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Important win for them today against the Russians. They should win this GPG to keep in touch with the Kims for the second MD spot in Rio for Korea.
    I don't know who I want to see going to Rio. Probably Kim's in MD and hopefully both Ko and Shin in MX.

Btw which shoes did Shin wear today?! Never seen before...

8. junclot

junclot Regular Member

so Shin/Ko or Kim/Kim for Olympics???
    =)))

9. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

Shin wore SH-P9200.

10. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Well, that settles the matter then!

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    I think the All England will decide the matter for the Rio qualification, myself... if Ko/Shin do the better, they should squeak it.

I hope they do, tbh, as Shin is my favourite player:p.

12. junclot

junclot Regular Member

if Ko and Shin both has to take part in XD, I would rather Kim/Kim to have a go as Kor MD no. 2

Ko looked abit jaded recently, could be caused by the fatigue of handling both MD and XD

and judging from Ko & Shin's XD performance, that is highly likely now, as Ko/Hana and Shin/Chae Yoo Jung have kinda established themselves as Kor XD no. 1 & 2 (or rather, there are no close fights in the Korean team for the XD spots...)

13. event

event Regular Member

Hmm. If you look at the latest Race to Rio standings, Choi/Eom are only 4 spots behind and they are clearly looking to catch up. They even played in an international challenge event this week, the only Koreans to fly to Florida, and they will be competing in California while Shin/Chae had to withdraw. There is quite a point difference but the race is far from over.

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

The problem with Shin is that he's not reliable. He can play great, but he can also hang his head and lose matches he should win easily.

(Also; we should get a thread for Chae YJ ... She's just amazing)

15. junclot

junclot Regular Member

Choi/Eom is farrrr fr established, esp. in the top tier tournaments (relatively speaking, sames goes to Shin/Chae though, but they did beat Choi/Eom as recent as last wk i think?)

I thought Shin WAS reliable, creative and fast 1/2 yr ago when he was performing at peak with Ko, not sure what happen recently (injury?), he looks more error prone and slower than Kim sarang currently

#75 junclot, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Congrats to SBC for the MD title at the German Open today. Impressive performance in the Final, seems like he and Ko always perform at their very best when they meet Lee/Yoo and a title is on the line :D

17. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    They certainly did play well and deserved to win. It's a shame Lee and Yoo weren't playing as well as they normally do, I don't think I've not seen that many unforced errors from both of them in a match. But it could be the pressure to beat their fellow countrymen that got to them. It was clear Shin and Ko were far more relaxed and were able to play unhindered. Ko's defence was rock solid and Shin was was formidable in the forecourt area.

Lee and Yoo simply had no answer, they were so tense physically and mentally. Their attack wasn't working, not only that, their shots were bland and predictable - especially LYD. Everytime he plays a block on the BH side, Shin is already at the net waiting for it. He's got to pick up on that as it's just too obvious.

It's great to see that Korea has 3 MD pairings with potential to win all tournaments.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh dear me. Guess I have to live with it for now. Just only last week Shin Baek Cheol enters the final of German Open and is the runner up for that XD tournament losing to the better XD, Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na. Then today I am treated to the sad news. Both he and his partner have lost in the second round of the XD tournament today.

So perhaps just perhaps inconsistency is still the main key issue here. I mean it is quite difficult to me to judge whether his performance in XD and MD is good or not because sometimes he played so well reaching the finals and sometimes he just lose in the earlier rounds. Hmm.......

Perhaps just perhaps doing double duties in XD and MD have taken a toll on his current performance.

19. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Today chae was really not good in their mx doubles, but it felt that both ko and Shin didn't have the drive to fight when they were down. Not that they didn't try, but just missing the extra gear...

The go definitely tired them, at least mentally, maybe just like 3%, but in an ae encounter that makes the difference :-S

20. anugerahdina

anugerahdina Regular Member

not only ko and shin . almost all of korean players outlasted from birmingham . the whole players had a jetlag maybe