Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Short Serve in Singles

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by dohdoh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. dohdoh

dohdoh Regular Member

When I played a couple of weeks ago, my opponent only used short serves in singles. Normally I would beat him quite comfortably, but this time I lost the match. What shot should I reply with after his short serve?
    And should I start using short serves in singles? All of the top players do it...

Thanks.

2. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

u need to be unpredictable. there is no staple response. if u find him struggling in the rear court, majority of your shots should be attacking lifts the corners. use deception to your advantage and play hold-and-lifts and burst-and-holds to put him off balance. observe him playing and play shots that either force him out oh his comfort zone or make him play a shot that u are comfortable with.
    say, if u like coming forward, play drop backs, deceptively or if he prefers to play drops from the rear court and u r good at the net, lift the shuttle instead. their are just too many combinations to write in one post
    the problem may just be a mental one as u r not used to playin short serves.

3. lukasek97

lukasek97 Regular Member

I play either net shot, lift to back-court or drive but that is just when I know that he/she is going to do short serve and I am ready for it