Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Shoulder Dislocation and Ligament Tear

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by george_palk, Oct 1, 2010.

1. george_palk

george_palk Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    I was an intra state player when the injury happened, in 2003. I was only 16 then, and didn't have a proper coach to tell me, what i should be doing. My shoulder popped out while executing an overhead smash. I myself put it back, within minutes, but i withdrew from that tourney. The pain was there for couple of weeks, and whenever i even tried to wear a T-shirt, i could feel my shoulder ready to pop out. But my mistake was, i ignored it. It became a recurrent problem. Once when i couldn't set it right by myself, i needed a physio's help and underwent therapy for 5 months. But even after that, when i started playing again, the problem started occuring again, and i continued without any treatment. In all, i have dislocated my shoulder, 37 times, and only for five times have i needed Dr's help to set it right. Finally, after MRI scans revealed that, my ligament has loosened and a small portion of my shoulder joint has corroded away because of the strain. And then, i was asked to undergo surgery, and i've three screws inserted, to restrict the movement.

Now, my question is this, with this restricted movement, (may be 10-15 degrees restriction when compared to my other shoulder) how can i improve my stroke making abilities? I no longer have the dislocation problem. I am playing in the corporate circles, inter/intra company tourneys. I was good at deceptive shots during my professional days, and now with practice they can be brought back into my arsenal. But how can i improve my other regular strokes? Any good suggestion will be helpful.

2. midtownace

midtownace Regular Member

These are the kinds of injuries that will keep you out of the game. Make sure you do a regular conditioning element to keep your muscles loose and flexible