Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Sky is falling again!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silentheart, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Just something interesting.
    We know that there are pigs and there are PIGS. Anyway, one of the member if PIGS is in trouble (Greece). Guess who's stock just lost about 1/4 of value in the last few weeks. AIG. I thought they have unwind all the CDS with the TARP money? If that is the case, the exposure for any of those debt (including UAE) should be min and not effecting the stock too much... Stay tune. Let's see what happen since Merkel jsut put her foot on the break on the bail out package for Greece...
    Just like the snow in east cost, let it fall, let it fall let it fall...

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    well, greece more or less follow US's receipe of stimulating their way into debt crises. Greece's economy is smaller so they blew their brain sooner.

3. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    You are a very loquacious person and you can't help yourself but bitch about the economy and disrespect the President of the U.S.A. all the time:mad:! Nobody has a surefire solution for ANY problem...all you are about is trash and nothing more:mad:. So, if you can't be of any help (don't waste your God given talent churning hatorades), why not shut your loud mouth:mad:?

#323 GrayDark, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hmmm, 4000 posts hardly qualify SH being a loquacious person, I know.
    As for B.O., he does talks alot, it is his talking skills that got him his president post, surely, it can't be his experience nor his great economic, busniess and international relation skills that got him the president job.

go rant on peter schiff's blog, he talks even more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdI4qZq6ROI

#324 cooler, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    No one is more presidentible than B.O. :rolleyes:? He won! Any other presidential material could've done better, you think? Really?

If he is doing so so bad, it would cause a people's revolution, don't you think:rolleyes:?

6. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Anyone else more presidentiable than President Barack Obama:rolleyes:? He won:cool:! Can you think of any other presidential material that could've done better had he/she won instead of our current president.

Why can't you guys just be supportive/constructive of our elected leaders? You didn't vote for hiim? Well, that's because either the horse you backed lose or you voted him into the White House and now you thought you had a mental lapse?

Relax, don't be judgmental;)!

Just use you head man, if he is doing so so bad, don't you think the people would've already cause an uprising or revolt to throw him out of office:rolleyes:?

He won, majority wins, end of story:).

7. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

do you all know who else i feel are gonna say "the sky is falling again!" in a few more months and after senator Bayh said bye-bye? yup,all of them Damn-O-Craps.the GOPs and conservatives are gonna take over Senate and maybe even the house.and in 2 more plus years,i can not wait,we can say adios to the current president.what a joke!!:mad::eek::(

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sky falled on this guy

Man angry at IRS crashes plane into building
    By JIM VERTUNO, Associated Press Writer Jim Vertuno, Associated Press Writer 25 mins ago
    AUSTIN, Texas – A software engineer furious with the Internal Revenue Service launched a suicide attack on the agency Thursday by crashing his small plane into an office building containing nearly 200 IRS employees, setting off a raging fire that sent workers fleeing for their lives. At least one person in the building was missing.

A federal law official identified the pilot as Joseph Stack and said investigators were looking at a long anti-government screed and farewell note that he apparently posted on the Web earlier in the day as an explanation for what he was about to do.

In it, the author cited run-ins he had with the IRS and ranted about the tax agency, government bailouts and corporate America's "thugs and plunderers."

"I have had all I can stand," he wrote in the note, dated Thursday, adding: "I choose not to keep looking over my shoulder at `big brother' while he strips my carcass."

Stack, 53, also apparently set fire to his house about six miles from the crash site before embarking on the suicide flight, said two law enforcement officials, who like other authorities spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still going on.

The pilot took off in a single-engine Piper Cherokee from an airport in Georgetown, about 30 miles from Austin, without filing a flight plan. He flew low over the Austin skyline before plowing into the side of the hulking, seven-story, black-glass building just before 10 a.m. with a thunderous explosion that instantly stirred memories of Sept. 11.

Flames shot from the building, windows exploded, a huge pillar of black smoke rose over the city, and terrified workers rushed to get out.

The Pentagon scrambled two F-16 fighter jets from Houston to patrol the skies over the burning building before it became clear that it was the act of a lone pilot, and President Barack Obama was briefed on the crash.

Stack was presumed dead. At least one person who worked in the building was unaccounted for and two people were hospitalized, fire officials said. About 190 IRS employees work in the building.

In the long, rambling, self-described "rant" that Stack apparently posted on the Internet, he began: "If you're reading this, you're no doubt asking yourself, `Why did this have to happen?'"

He recounted his financial reverses, his difficulty finding work in Austin, and at least two clashes with the IRS, one of them after he filed no return because, he said, he had no income, the other after he failed to report his wife Sheryl's income.

He railed against politicians, the Catholic Church, the "unthinkable atrocities" committed by big business, and the government bailouts that followed. He said he slowly came to the conclusion that "violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer."
    "I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let's try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well," he wrote.

According to California state records, Stack had a troubled business history, twice starting software companies in California that ultimately were suspended by the state's tax board, one in 2000, the other in 2004. Also, his first wife filed for bankruptcy in 1999, listing a debt to the IRS of nearly $126,000.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

photographed at interstate 35
    paid by 6 small businessman

Attached Files:

#329 cooler, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

more falling sky

Ohio man bulldozes $350K home to avoid foreclosure
    Tue Feb 23, 8:17 am ET
    MOSCOW, Ohio – An Ohio man says he bulldozed his $350,000 home to keep a bank from foreclosing on it.

Terry Hoskins says he has struggled with the RiverHills Bank over his home in Moscow for years and had problems with the Internal Revenue Service. He says the IRS placed liens on his carpet store and commercial property and the bank claimed his house as collateral.

Hoskins says he owes $160,000 on the house. He says he spent a lot of money on attorneys and finally had enough. About two weeks ago he bulldozed the home 25 miles southeast of Cincinnati.

Messages were left for the bank and its attorney.

IRS spokeswoman Jodie Reynolds said individual taxpayer information is private and federal law prevents her from commenting.

--------------------------------------
    when asked whether he's gonna bulldoze his carpet store?
    Terry Hoskins: I'll do what it takes

#330 cooler, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  11. silentheart

12. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Political sarcasm:rolleyes:

- Just because President Obama is still unable to undo in 1 year the 8 years of mess President Bush did does not mean we are better off with Bush:mad:.

- If it was up for those rich upper class people in government who resist change (the kind of progressive changes Pres. Obama is proposing) cause the status quo favors them, the likes of Rosa Parks would still be riding at the back of the bus:eek:.

- Why haven't those who opposed Obama's Healthcare bill have not done anything about our broken healthcare system 8 years ago when they were the majority in Congress:mad:?

- Those who does not bother to vote should shut their pie hole if they do not like how the government is run:eek:.

-
    American Tea Party Movement: if it quacks like a Republican, is it one;)?

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i'm a 3rd party looking in so i dont have bias for repub. or democ.
    Just look at all the jokes i posted in chit chat on bush.
    Obama had rack up more US debt in 1 year than bush's 8 year.

14. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

huh?

git yoh facts straight, homes! or you're here just to stir up a bunch of BS?

- don't be going out here and start to look back and play the blame game on the previous president. why can't that O-Dumbo do what he promised to do and get the country and economy back on track instaaed of doing the same ol political bullsh!t and balming the previous president! he made that stuipid azz promise of hope and change but where are they?

- hey mang, don't be fooled by the idea that the Repuiblicans are the only rich, white upper class folks. you callin' da rich upper class people in govenrment, gueess what all da DAMN-O-CRAPS are those freakin' tax-cheatin' upper class folks too! you know that Eddie Kennedy, the senator that recently died. for all the political influence he has, he's got tons of money in his back azz.
    btw, if yoh wanna bring up Rosa Parks and the civil right movements, you betta git yoh fact straight, too. As far as i know, the Republicans are the only ones who've defended the black minority from the late 19th century (remember the Reconstruction Act of 1833, that one was passed by mostly Republican controleld Congress). In fact, check this out yo, since 1933, Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the DAMN-O-CRAPS. In the twenty-six major civil rights votes since 1933, a majority of DAMN-O-CRAPS opposed civil rights legisilation in over 80% of the votes. By contrast, the Repuiblican majority favored civil rights in over 96% of all those votes.
    And if you stuidied your history, actually it was Everett M. Dirksen (a Republican senator from Illionois) who was responsible in the entire civil rights legislative effort. Not president JFK or LBJ.

- hey man, the reasons why health care regform hasn't been taken care of for the last 8-9 years is because there are many factors, mostluy on the political front. A combination of factors kept health care off the top of the agenda from the previous administaration. For example, politicians were not eager to confront the forces that successfully frustrated the Bubbba Clinton effort, and healtch maintenance organizations were able to limit cost increases to some extent. Blame all you want. But only dumb-azz DAMN-O-CRAP presidents would want to get involved in this politically unstable effort.

- did you, yourself, go out & vote? if so, who did you vote for?

- the ATPM is a repubklican based movment. and what is wrong with that?

15. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Of course u're neither...it's written all over, ya think it's not obvious? Huh:rolleyes:?

16. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    ...oppositions are primarily there because of fear. The opposition would rather maintain the status quo and be all complacent about the issues that needs to be done. As President Obama said, we tried it for 8 years and it obviously did not work:rolleyes:.

It is time that we all work together to do what needs to be done and not be afraid for change. Change is what he campaigned to do, change is what he is trying to deliver so let us embrace the change:cool:.

17. silentheart

Given what Senate and Broke Omama proposed, and status quo, I select status quo. Why, from reading of what he is out there, it will get worse. not better. If you do not have time or just too lazy to read what Chung and I have agreed in the the other thread, let me summarize what will go wrong.
    1) No tort reform. What that means is Insurance rate will increase 3~4% or may be higher because that is what happen when personal injury lawyer keep getting 30-50% or the claim. Also, he is surrounded by lawyer lobbyist. Do not believe that he try to clean up.
    2) So call rate commission. It has no use as long as Anti-trust examption for health insurance company is not revoked by US congress. It will be tie up in Supreme Court first before it can be implemented. Also, a death panel has to be set up to cut the low % case off the life support because it is just not worth it.
    3) Pay structure. As long as doctors still being pay based on how many patient they see, not a a fixed salary, there will be no cost containment.
    4) Drug companies will revolt. Why, the drug lobbyist cut a deal with BO and now they are being asked to take a bigger cut under Bo plan? No deal.
    5) Everybody has to pay. The penalty for not buying insurance is not high enough. Without low risk people to subsidies high risk group, you got the death spiral just like the CA health insurance example. You have 1 chance to join the insurance. If you do not, you have to pay all the back premium from the day 1 to get your coverage. Otherwise, this group will fail.
    6) Death panel. It will have to created to set the rate for procedure. Guess what, that works for simple or routine procedures. I did a research for BCBS of IL when I first started my profession. We find out, there are about 60%-70% of the procedures can be categorized as simple and routine procedures depend on speciality. What happen to the other 40-30%? "Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gona get". You really don't know or you think you know. You open up the patient, then you say "Sh*t". So how are you going to pay for those "Sh*t" cases?
    7) Abuse. Guess what, we are human. Abuse is in our blood. Most of people like to be cheap and take advantage of situation.
    8) Coverage for the illegals. No coverage, please. Why should my tax sub their service?

Abortion is not an issue. It is just a vote getter.

With all these things add up, when it fail after 8 years from now, he is no longer in office. Next president will have to fix the problem. Just like Bill Clinton F Up the chance to kill Bin Laden. Just like Bill Clinton let economic run out of control. Just like Bush started the Iraq war. Just blame on the last one in the office.
    Please look at the SS and Medicare, it is broken. Why not fix tat first. BO is just using other issue as miss direction.
    Yes, WE ARE BEYOND SCREWED...

18. silentheart

Yes, after 1 year, it is change for the worse. Embrace that.

19. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Let him do eight years;) and lambast him then, but right now he is and will be our president!

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The problems will keep on cycling..

:p..actually it was the Civil Rights Acts of 1866. But yes, it was passed during the Reconstruction era.

But yeah, those Dems, all they do is just campaigning/promoting their party brand under the guise of protecting and defending the minorities (Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, young folks). While in fact, that's the total opposite; they are in it just for themselves. So, yes, the recent presidential election basically summed up what the Dems are good at: lying to the minority groups under the pretense of defending their interests.
    :p..and both of those programs are supposedly started by the Dems who, of course, love big government idea.
    I heard SS will have zero fund by 2017? And Medicare will have zero fund by 2034? Actually, when i look at the years, don't you think they better fix the SS problem, first??.:p

Actually President Bush tried to fix the Social Security problem when he was in office, but of course, it got blocked in Congress (by who else, the Dems). Now, BO is trying to fix the Medicare problem through this health-care reform (basically the same effort from the Bill and Hillary Clinton era). Yes, he's trying to use the health care issue to distract the main issue at hand: economy/unemployment.
    Yeah, it's a cycle. After BO is done with his presidency (whenever that'll be) and the next president is up (whoever that'll be), people will complain: after all those yrs, why didn't BO fix the Social Security problem?

#340 ctjcad, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.