Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Son Wan Ho ( 孫完虎 )

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ltjrpliskin

ltjrpliskin Regular Member

Where did this guy go? I want to see him play more haha

2. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    I remember watching the 2014 HK Open live on TVB and seeing him beat Chen Long... Awesome! :D

3. phalanx

phalanx Regular Member

he's is not too constant. But as far as I know he got injured in the beginning of the year (?) and played not that well.

But I think when he is fit he is easily top 3. Last year he also regularly beat Jorgensen and other top players.

4. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Last year he did great, and really stepped his game and results up a notch.
    But "regularly beat Jorgensen and the other top players" might be stretching it a bit. They are 1-1 going 12 months back, and 2-1 going two years back.
    He also beat Chen Long two times in the same period, which is by itself is a great achievement, but he had more losses to him than he had wins.
    However, his peak game was indeed on par with the best, so if he can keep himself in good shape for a longer period and stay hungry, I'm sure he'll advance from current ten to top-5.
    :)

5. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

I can't recall the circumstances of his injury.
    All I recall is that he withdrew from the super series finals back in December. The tournament where H K Vittinghus really got his "breakthrough" (after having beaten SWH in one of the first matches).
    Don't know if he got his injury there, or if he had if already before the tournament.
    I hope he gets back to speed soon, so he'll be ready for the WC and the olympics.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

CONGRATULATIONS Son Wan Ho !!!!!!!!!!

The 2nd Best Player in the World.

[​IMG]

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Congratulations !
    You reached the pinnacle of badminton.
    Wowww.
    WORLD NO.1

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

8. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Son Wan Ho/ A genuine gentleman, the way he walked calm around,, with a little smile after the match, indicates for me we haven't seen the last from the current WR NO 1 Big respect BIG !

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I like SWH as he is indeed a gentleman of the sport and has a nice technique, but I cannot see him staying with the best in the sport despite having been world no.1. He simply does not have any threatening weapons. He is generally consistent but does make a lot of unforced errors, particularly on his forehand side. He has improved his defence this year, but it is still not quite on par with the likes of CL, LCW, VA etc. He really needs to develop a stronger attack, and play with a bit more speed and aggression at times. Compared to all the best players, he doesn't seem to have an extra gear to rely on - which is a shame as I really want to seem him do better. LHI was very similar, great technique, patient but seems to lack speed and attacking ability.