Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Sosan on Ebay

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by calvinlgoh, Apr 6, 2004.

1. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Anyone tried the Sosan Shuttlecocks that is on ebay quite regularly. THere are 2 versions, Blue and Red... Price is reasonable and I am tempted to try them... I almost bought some Hi-Qua Team but thankfully quite a few BF'ers adviced against getting them. I was playing with the guy that had a tube and it was really bad.

So I was hoping someone could give some experience with these before I give them a try,

Calvin

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I have played with Sosan Black shuttles and they're pretty good. Not sure about the blue and red though:(.

3. calvinlgoh

Student
    The seller has a picture of the tube and it has really big lettering on it that reads

"TRAINING GRADE".... :( which is why I am a little skeptical ).

Calvin

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I wouldn't recommend it...

Sosan has five grades of shuttles (Black, Purple, Green, Blue & Red). Only Black and Purple are Tournament graded. I've not tried any of them other than the Black series and it's okay (playable) but I would shudder to think what the Green/Blue/Red series would be like.

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I tried it once before from my friend, and I threw it away within 5 minutes.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Sosan is relatively cheap. the black can be had for US$10-11 if you look hard enough. the low price comes with a quality compromise though.

7. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    Wow! Your standard must be very high! I think sosan shuttles(the black one) are very durable and cheap. But they seem more heavy on the head not as good as victor champion.

8. calvinlgoh

Student
    I think Bluejeff was talking about the Red and Blue grades... they are alot cheaper...

I dont think im gonna get them after all... Im just gonna stick with the OCBC shuttles and occasional AS-50s...

calvin

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Even though the price maybe higher initially, it's better to get good quality birdies that'll last you awhile than crappy ones that burns through a dozen in two or three games could cost you more down the road. The dilemma is to find the right balance between quality and price. I think some decent birdies like Sosan Black could be made even better with proper pre-game preparation. ie. steam them properly the night before using them. It's a little more work but definitely worthwhile.

#9 cappy75, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  10. Traum

Traum Regular Member

I've played with Sosan Blacks more than a few times. Personally, even though the ones I used are supposed to have a rated speed of 78 (for 17 - 23C), they are a tad on the fast side for that speed grade.

-Rick