Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

stiffness and balance question

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hydrocyanic, Sep 30, 2005.

1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    jst want to note that i have only tried few rackets, but here is my finding

like i have mentioned in earlier posts, i am new to badminton, not "that" new but i haven't been playing for few years now, i first purchased a fake mp99 over ebay, not knowing its fake(and it was done poorly as well), i purchased another, at800de.

the 3rd times when i use this racket, i have hurted my arm already, been resting for almost 2months, with my last badminton experience playing cautiously, i had to wonder what went wrong...

but then, last time when i had a try on ns8k, which was a 3U version, i had no problem swinging it and did not experience the pain(minor, or discomfort rather) i have using my at800de for the last 3hours, and in fact, i felt an instant relief on my arm

today i just took my fake racket out again and gave a little bit of swing, i found that its more pleasant than swinging my at800de, i gave both racket a little pressure on bending it, i notice the fake racket is very soft, would that be a reason that is causing my arm's pain? because my swing is weak? with a head heavy/stiff racket, even at 4U i still couldn't flex it?

since at800 and ns8k are both stiff, would that be because of the balance of the racket? the fake racket i was trying at home should be quite evenly balance through swinging it, though it is certainly heavier than ns and at

please let me know if i have posted on the wrong thread of i am being a lazy @$$ for not searching for old posts

thank you

getting another racket soon, would like to eliminate as much variable as possible to avoid wasting money(yet again... :( )