stiffness and string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cycilver, Mar 28, 2007.

1. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    i have two rackets right now

yonex mp-30 strung at ???? but low maybe <20
    sotx woven 8 strung at 26x24

the yonex is a medium flex and the sotx is stiff, when i play, the yonex feels alot better for me and i was wondering if this is due to the string tension or the racket stiffness? i want to buy another racket but dont kno if i want stiff or medium so i was wondering if anyone can help me?

the sotx to me has this very tight feeling like i was hitting with a bat, and the mp gives me a soft feel like hitting with a thin rod. wat do you think is the cause of this?

2. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I think the cause is the string tension, especialy when u said the lower tension gives u soft feeling and woven 8 is like hitting with a bat. i think that 26x24 is too high for you if the lower than 20 lbs feels really good. as for a new racket, just think of it this way, if you have a lot of power, get a stiff one, not too much, get a less stiff one.

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

string tension for sure, 26lbs is probably too tight for you, try stringing it at 23-24 lbs next time

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

the best way to find out is stringing both racquets with the same string, same tension.
    that way you'll be able to isolate out variables.

but more than likely its the string tension as the others have said...