Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

String and tension for Prince racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by fitchboy, Feb 23, 2000.

1. fitchboy

fitchboy Guest

<html>I recently purchased a Prince Thunder which has BG-70 Pro. I heard that Ashaway Rally is a good string for Prince raquets. I also have an Axis 70. Anyone know what type of strings are good for these racquets and what tension??<br>thanks!
    </html>

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

<html>Please post a follow up on your string choices - I remember seeing somewhere on the web that the Rally string is good for the Prince Y frame racquets. Also, please advise of the differences, if any, between the Thunder and Axis 70. The Thunder goes for about $15 more than the Axis 70 - is that money well spent or are the identical? What are the graphics and color like on the Thunder - the Axis 70 is solid black, isn't it. Thanks.<p><br>: I recently purchased a Prince Thunder which has BG-70 Pro. I heard that Ashaway Rally is a good string for Prince raquets. I also have an Axis 70. Anyone know what type of strings are good for these racquets and what tension??<br>: thanks!<p>
    </html>

3. Fitchboy

Fitchboy Guest

<html>Well Brett, I have to say that the Thunder is my favorite by far and I've only played with Prince raquets. I have black BG-70pros on it and it is quite powerful and looks tight. The Thunder is all black with dark red edges along the head. The Axis 70 is all black.<br> I was advised by San Diego Badminton that since the Prince racquets with name(Blast,Response,Thunder) have a "dense" stringing pattern and can accomodate thin strings like .21 gauge. However, racquets like the older Axis series need .20 gauge strings like Rally's. I just got the Axis 70 so I haven't been playing with it much so I'll post follow-ups later. From what heard it's the same racquet as the Thunder except for the stringing pattern. Hope this helps. Lates!
    </html>