Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

String Tension on Carbonex 7 Long

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by TheGr8Two, Jul 13, 2004.

1. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

May 31, 2004
    How high tension can a Cab 7 Long take, before it will warp? The model I have is a 2U, and Yonex has rated it up to 20 lbs. But many ppl string over the recommended tension anyway (like at 24lbs+) on rackets that are only rated for 22lbs without problem.

It is a carbon graphite racket with an oval head, if that has any influence over the tension that it can take. Also, this racket is in excellent condition; it's hardly been used.

When I went to get it restrung, the stringer insisted that at any tension higher than 20, it will warp. And I wanted to string at 22 or 21.

Anyway..the 20 is at least much better than what I had before...which was just factory strings.
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

May 20, 2002
    Personally, I think 22 lb is a safe choice for all graphite rackets. Stringers sometimes refuse to string higher than recommand tension, just don't want to be blamed for racket damage, or already spot crack/damage on the racket.