Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

stringing a massively cracked frame????

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by noppy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    hi,
    just cus im bored this weekend i got one of my old broken racket and decided i would 'mend' it hahahahah anyways i got some epoxy glue and and bodged a loads of it around the break, the break is a full on two halves anyways its pretty much set now.

btw im not planning on playing with it for proper badminton but i thought it would be ok for the family to use on the out door court in the garden.

so my question is....
    would stringing at a higher or lower tension ie 18lbs or 28lbs. because i was thinking at 18lbs there is less pressure on the frame but that means if a shuttle hits strings right next to the break or on the break there would be less tension to hold it together, though at 28lbs i thought there would be more tension to hold it together but possibly too much and it would brwak itself before hitting a shuttle????? the racket im playing with was guaranteed to 31lbs before it was killed.

any ideas.... dont be rude either (please) im just having a bit of fun.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    low tension.

the higher tension won't help holding the racket together. it will help crumpling the racket in. i had a racket that went through a clash. there was signs of paint chip and slight damage. i went and had it strung at medium tension, it caved in after less than half a game.

now it sits on top of the fridge serving its retirement as a fly squatter. a Cab20 JP fly squatter. ;)

if you string yours at 18lbs, you might still be able to have it retain its shape.

3. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    cheers i will string it at 18lbs :) see how it goes

nice fly squatter btw, i use my old broken sotx charm a-171 (dw no ones heard of it hahah) they work so well

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Kwun's right with that, use low tension.

18lbs would still be considered 'high-tension' for playing around in the backyard ;)..
    Those normal steel conventional racquets for playing in the backyard are probably hand-strung to around 14~16lbs.

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    LOL

That's an awesome flyswatter, Kwun.

Again, my advice would be to string it at a low tension (16-18 lbs) if you have to string it at all. Chances are, even at 16 lbs, it wouldn't be that durable.