Stringing Machine Type Recommendation.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Quasimodo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    can't believe i missed that! lol good spot good spot!

does anyone know anything about these machines?

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No, it is not a 2-point machine. Looks like a copy of the portable Exthree or Gosen machine, which is a 6-point machine. If you look carefully, you can see the Y-shaped supports on the sides.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, as far as I know, Eagnas makes machines for yonex (Eagnas is from Taiwan), and you might find some info on this machines at Eagnas website.

As for the tension thing, yes, machine matters. However, I think the skills are more important. If you have good skills, you can string to high tension with proper equipments. I am using 2pt machine, and so far I think it has been good enough.

Perhaps I will get a 4 or 6 pt electric machine later in this year, but that's because I want to string faster. :)

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    ohh so lucky! i'd kill for a nice reliable 4 or 6 pt electric machine... tell us what you get when you do...

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have 2 machines. One Klippermate drop weight 2pt and one electric 6 pt machine. I use drop wight stringer at the club I play because it fits in a box. I was able (and still does) string badminton racquet up to 28lb as requested using the Klippermate. I think if you have a good flying clamp that can hold high tension, you will be ok. Just be aware that if a flying clamp hold a string too tight, it will cut into the string. It is same for electric stringer with sliding clamp. Make sure you tell people that you do not recommand high tension when you use 2 pt stringer.

6. orfel

orfel Regular Member

Accounting Related
    Guys,

The two string machines seems to be made from the same manufacturer owing to the same identical design, color except for the logo (exthree and yonex)....where can i see more info on these machines...where is the exthree website ?

7. jock

jock Regular Member

Stringer
    Just a comment on the Exthree and Yonex machines shown in the photograph. I use the Exthree machine and the correct assembly method is to have the legs at the extremes of the crossbar - you can see the mounting points at the correct mounting points at the left hand side of the right hand machine. The mounting points that have been used are the mounting points for the crosshead when it is being packed in the box.

I would be interested in any comments regarding stablitiy of the machine from people who use it in the manner shown.

Also - has anybodt developed an easily portable stand for this type of machine,

8. orfel

orfel Regular Member

Accounting Related
    Where can we buy these type of string machines the exthree/gosenam200/alpha express type ? how much does it cost ? arent there any string machines with both hold down support system (throat and head) and suspension side supports.

9. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I'm not sure about the Phillipines, but in the US you can buy Alpha machines directly from them. The Shuttle Express, IIRC, is about $375 + S/H. Try contacting them and see what options they give you for purchasing one overseas. Their website is: http://www.alphatennis.com. They've got a superb customer service dept, specifically Mark Gonzales (mark@alphatennis.com).

HTH.

10. Sergio

Sergio New Member

taneepak said if you get a wider flying for the eagnus easy 3 it will be the same as having two fixed clamps.......My question is where do i get the wider flying clamp?

11. silentheart

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I don't like too many teeth on the clamp. For certain string machine, u will find it's difficult to clamp the last top cross, if u have too many teeth on the clamp.

13. silentheart

Agree, I usually use the smaller with 3 teeth one the crosses close to the end. I can get closer to the frame that way. Thanks.

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I love the drop weight system from Laserfibre (Stringway) but it is simply too slow for cranking out racquets. Will an electric or electronic machine significantly increase production rate, like 3 to 4 racquets in two hours' time?

15. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I'm just a newbie at stringing, so take what I say below with a truckful of salt.

From analysing my own stringing technique, movement, etc., I'd say I spend most of my time---in a somewhat descending order: making sure the string is not kinked, finding the best path through shared holes so that the strings won't cross, weaving crosses, tensioning. So, for me, an electric machine most probably won't significantly increase my production rate. I'd better off working on my movement efficiency before spending more money.

That said, however, having worked on an electric machine, one thing that may possibly help reduce your stringing time is that, unlike crank or dropweight machines, once you activate the tensioning mechanism your hands are free to do the next task. IOW, while the tensioning head is working you can move on weaving the next cross, for instance.

So, if I may offer a suggestion, analyse where you spend most of your time doing while stringing and decide whether an electric machine would help reduce your overall time. If your stringing time is 45 minutes, say, and you spend a considerable chunk of that tensioning, then an electric machine may help you cut that 15 minutes you're looking for. OTOH, if you take 2 hours to string a racquet like I do, then it probably wouldn't be a wise investment, for now.

FWIW, HTH.

16. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Regular Member

Student
  17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I think the base for this machine is not solid (i.e. way too light). Therefore, I would consider the ones with solid base instead. ;)