Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Stringing Squash Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Neil Nicholls, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Anyone regularly string squash racquets?

I accepted a squash racquet from someone because they said they couldn't find anyone to string it. I didn't give any guarantees that I'd do it because it is a fan pattern, and I'm not sure how well flying clamps will work with it.

Anyway, is there a standard difference between main and cross tension like badminton. The mains are much longer than the crosses so, if anything, I might expect the mains to be lower than the crosses.

Any experience anyone?

Dunlop C-Max Hotmelt 16 main x 18 cross

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Cheers,
    I'll do mains same as cross then.

I don't have a problem with the pattern, as it's still strung.
    And it has 16x18 printed on it, so it doesn't match anything on klipper anyway.

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I think you should drop a little tension on the crosses like you do in tennis. I've only strung my squash racquet once to use it for some badminton training. I did 32 lbs x 32 lbs and noticed that the end result was still narrower.